BATTLEZONE COMMUNITY FORUMS

Battlezone I & II Download, Gaming & Development
It is currently March 24th, 2017, 9:53 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Want to help test and play the latest version of BZ2 to ensure a stable release?
Of course I would, BZ2 is my one and only true love. 58%  58%  [ 7 ]
Not now, just let me know when a stable beta is ready. 25%  25%  [ 3 ]
Undecided. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I'm a caveman still running Windows XP, so I guess I can't play. :( 17%  17%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 12
PostPosted: October 29th, 2013, 9:15 am 
Admin

*NOTE*- This is a public beta, please report any bugs or problems found so that these can be corrected in future releases.
**Windows XP is no longer supported** ~RIP~ XP

Requirements:
(1)Battlezone II Combat Commander (yes it works on Windows 7, 8 and 10 8) (and Vista, but who uses Vista?)

*note: If you have a copy of your old Battlezone II folder, that will work as well
(2)Download/unzip/run this Battlezone II update (1.3.7.2 Public Beta - released 2016/10/26)
*NOTE: VSR (Vet strats) are currently using the above patch and VSR 6.0 only. If you want to play VSR strats, do not install the patch below as it will prevent you from being able to join (skip step 3 and jump to step 4).
(3)Download/extract this into your battlezoneII folder, overwrite files (1.3.7.2-b132ak sub-build Feb 17,2017):
(4)Optional yet highly recommended - Download/install the latest VSR 6.0 (Vet Strat Variant) from here. Contains 120+ additional maps, new races and physics tweaks to allow hovering like in BZ2 1.2, ability to fight VS more than 1 AI base etc

GSH wrote:
- Major features of v1.3.7.2 Public Beta:
- "3D" audio through Microsoft's XAudio2 layer is supported, for greater audio immersion.
- Various network stability improvements -- better join stability and fewer resyncs ingame.
- Various other bugfixes and optimizations.
- New installer that allows for more granular control over what helper libraries are installed, etc.

Compatibility notes
As Windows XP is no longer supported by Microsoft and their compiler teams, 1.3.7.0 (and up) now requires Windows Vista/7/8.x/10 (or newer). Some people have noted success with Linux+WINE for systems that had XP. Additionally, a CPU supporting SSE2 is now required.

Legal disclaimer
This Battlezone II Combat Commander 1.3 patch comes with no warranty, to the extent permitted by applicable law. Except when otherwise stated in writing the copyright holders and/or other parties provide the package "as is" without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose and the accuracy of the information contained within it. The entire risk as to the quality and performance of the package is with you.

According to the publisher, the last officially supported patch is the 1.1 patch.

-- GSH

PostPosted: January 27th, 2017, 9:40 am 
Admin

Updated links to reflect all the latest updates.

PostPosted: February 9th, 2017, 11:03 am 
Admin

Added a note explaining the current patch level vet strats (VSR) use.