BATTLEZONE COMMUNITY FORUMS

Battlezone I & II Download, Gaming & Development
It is currently October 23rd, 2017, 6:08 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next
 Post subject: 2012 BZ2 Tournament
PostPosted: September 24th, 2012, 8:53 pm 

((Live Bracket Image. Click to zoom full screen.))
Follow this link here for updates on the tournament scores and standings: http://challonge.com/bz2

FINALS: (best of 3)

Snake vs Max
-------------------
Game 1: Snake (isdf vs scion)
Game 2: Max (scion vs scion)
Game 3: Snake (isdf vs scion)

FINALS 2: (best of 3)

Snake vs Max
-------------------
Game 1: Max (isdf vs scion)
Game 2: Max (isdf vs scion)

If a match is not completed after the deadline and neither player is heard from then a winner will be chosen by random. I will use a random generator to choose a number 1-10, if it is odd "a" player goes through if it is even "b" player goes through. If one player is trying to make the match up and the other is never heard from, cannot make it, or simply refuses to play (eg: Tom vs Cloaket) then the player making his case will go through automatically.

Now we have set dates and the longest the tournament can go on is the day before Thanksgiving (Nov. 21st), although its very possible to get the tournament done before then as long as everyone completes their matches before the deadlines.

Rulez:

1) All races can be played
    2) No smart scts allowed
    3) No pilot-killing/preventing enemy from getting into ship unless,
      a) killing pilot to get rid of sniper
      b) killing pilot outside of base area
      c) mtr bikes are an exception to this
    4) No mini-rushing unless using rats. Minigun rushing is considered killing a recycler with minigun rounds, and does not count incidental damage from stray minigun rounds. (Over 10% recycler damage from all combined base assaults before reaching higher-level tech can be considered minigun rushing, this call as to how much damage or whether it is intentional is to be left at the referee's discretion)
    5) ALL first round matches must be finished before the next round starts. A maximum of 2 weeks is the time limit for each round. If the matches are finished earlier then we just move on to the next round. Lower bracket matches can be played whenever players get matched up.
    6) No placing units/buildings outside off map where they are not hittable (i.e: archers, scion buildings)
    7) If a player lags out during a game then that player is given 30 sec to return. If the player does return withing time then the game is resumed. If the player does not return then they are disqualified and lose the game (not the match, unless it was the 2nd game and they alrdy lost the first one). If they do return after a couple of minutes and have a legit excuses such as power outage, thunderstorm, connection dropped then there will be a rematch upon the ref's confirmation. If they lag-out 3 times overall then they will be automatically disqualified for the game. If there is suspicion of the player lagging out on purpose in order to get a rematch then they will be disqualified for the game. This will be up to the refree's discretion. For example, if a player's tank gets sniped in enemy base and they conviently "lag out" aftwerwards, etc.
    8) Competitors may only use their race's default starting ship.
    9) Referees must spectate the game as camera pods where possible (an impossible situation might be considered a hadean v hadean matchup)
    10) All competitors must start the game as their race's default starting unit.
    11 ) Referee has the final say on disputes. Players can appeal on the forums and all the selected ref's will take a vote on the situation after both sides and the involved referee have given their stories.
    12) These are the maps that are selected for the tourney and players may pick from the list underneath. One player will choose a map and the other player will also choose a map. The third game is chosen between both players. If both players cannot agree on the same map for the third game then the third match will be played on quarry by default. Maps dont have to be played in any order i.e: the third map can be played in the first game or the second game.
    13) Referee's can post screenshots/videos of the games. They can be found on the bracket website. They will appear as attachments denoted by a green paperclip.

OBVIOUS RULES
    1) ALL refs must be camera pods.
    2) Players must start as their respective race and must start off as the default scout (not a titan or walker) *i know this is obvious BUT we must state the fucking obvious*
    3) No going inside of buildings.
    4) REFS - PLEASE USE YOUR AUTHORITY as you do have the final say. If a player wants to raise a dispute we do that on the forums. However in game you are the authority and you call the shots. The final say is yours. For this rule we will use the max and dom game as an example. Since Max started as a camera pod the REF should have called for a restart and not left it up to dom. Sure dom will let it go but it is an UNFAIR ADVANTAGE since Max is able to move faster which means he can place his navs anywhere and dom will not know where he is or be able to intercept, etc.
    5) If a player is avoiding a match-up for reasons of stalling the match then they will be forced to forfeit the game. On their 3rd time of refusing to play they will be forfeited. An exception is if a player has a legit reason for not being able to play.
    6) No rec-hovering.
    7) ALL games must be VSR and not stock.

MAP SELECTION

- Quarry
- Insula
- Reflex
- Terron
- Ancient Hills
- Magma
- Red Slope
- Strategy Arena
- Hi-Lo (original)
- Jade Green
- Remnant
- Plaza
- Moonshroud
- Mojave

Although this is not a rule, if a player wins the first 2 games then there is no need to play a third game unless both players want to. The result of the third game would not matter in this case.
Its also not necessary but it would be nice to have the 2 players and the referee on TeamSpeak. That way the referee can better judge if lag outs were intentional or not.

The referee's may choose which first round match-ups they want to spectate. If there is disagreement then the referee's can sort it out amongst themselves. Once the referee's pick their matches then the 3 players will set a date for the match.
Time will be flexible, all matches will be given adequate time to be completed. 2nd round will not begin until the 1st round matches and the 1st round loser's bracket are completed.

The Tournament officially began on 9/28/12.

Last edited by Snake on December 20th, 2013, 11:39 pm, edited 11 times in total.

PostPosted: September 26th, 2012, 5:30 am 

so keen son

PostPosted: September 27th, 2012, 5:47 pm 

UPDATES:

1) Stalker will not be participating and will be replaced by silver.
2) Once the tournament begins there will be a little paper clip icon next to the matches, If there are screenshots/videos then they can be linked using the paper clip icon.

PostPosted: September 28th, 2012, 2:44 pm 

dis b kewl

"And he said, Whereunto shall we liken the kingdom of God? Or with what comparison shall we compare it? It is like a grain of mustard seed, which when it is sown in the earth, less than all the seeds that be in the earth. But when it is sown, it growth up, and becometh greater than all herbs, and shooteth out great branches; so that the fowls of the air may lodge under the shadow of it" (Mk. 4:30-32)

PostPosted: September 29th, 2012, 3:35 am 

Where are the reports from the refs posted?

-Attachments :roll:

thats my nick when i type with my dick."
-DubbZ

PostPosted: September 29th, 2012, 3:40 am 
Admin

What do you expect us to write? We're referees, not columnists that are here to entertain you. Games went well, played fairly in a spirit of competition and sportsmanship, no disputes so far. If you have any suggestions about what you want referees to report about, please do post about it.

Gotta be handy with the chains if you know what I mean.
Earn your keep.

PostPosted: September 29th, 2012, 3:47 am 

I looked for the posts here, couldn't find it.
This is what I looked for ->
Quote:
Example:
----------------Round 1 Game 1:------------Terron
----------------------------------Tsahalis(Scion) vs Nero(ISDF)
---------------------------------------------1-0
----------------Round 1 Game 2:------------Insula
----------------------------------Tsahalis(Scion) vs Nero(ISDF)
---------------------------------------------0-1
----------------Round 1 Game 3:------------Quarry
----------------------------------Tsahalis(ISDF) vs Nero(ISDF)
---------------------------------------------1-0

-----------------------------------Match Winner: Tsahalis 2-1

Then I had a look on the challonge-site and found the attachments there, thats alright.
The italic is the old post, the other is the edit.

thats my nick when i type with my dick."
-DubbZ

PostPosted: September 29th, 2012, 2:47 pm 

Cyber click the link and it will show the pics of the finals, it is the paperclip

PostPosted: September 29th, 2012, 2:54 pm 

Game 1 MS vs Cyber :

Game 2 MS vs Cyber :

PostPosted: September 29th, 2012, 3:07 pm 
Admin

MAX has raised a dispute against Dom based on Game 2. The dispute says that Domakus was minigun rushing. Dom says it was just a base hit against a constructor that was apparently trying to recycle itself. Refs are reviewing the situation now.

Gotta be handy with the chains if you know what I mean.
Earn your keep.

PostPosted: September 29th, 2012, 3:09 pm 
Admin

Heyas, I ref'd a couple games for the Max vs Domakus 1v1 (best of 3), but we had an issue 5 minutes into the 2nd game which seems to bring into question:
Quote:
(4) No mini-rushing unless using rats.
Max won game 1 which I am currently encoding the video of. The question is, do we allow Domakus to retake game 2, or is he disqualified, allowing MAX the win?

SUmmary: Dom rushed the CON with mini, Max says it's mini rushing, Dom says it's not because he wasn't hitting REC.
Personally, I think game 2 should be retaken due to the fact there is no clear definition of 'mini rushing. As a ref I'm not even exactly sure what the 'unless using rats' means. :-k

See this clip of Dom's rush below and let me know what you think. MiniRush or NO? He clearly hits only the con.

PostPosted: September 29th, 2012, 3:20 pm 

Juggz think they need to all be redone. Refs are to be camera pods at EVERY game you were not a camera pod and are clearly interferring with the rats....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next