BATTLEZONE COMMUNITY FORUMS

Battlezone I & II Download, Gaming & Development
It is currently December 12th, 2017, 12:04 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: March 17th, 2017, 4:22 am 

I'm work on a MIG-29 fighter along with other international aircraft for use with BZII's aircraft class. There's so many of them that I could use some forum feedback on which to actually create. Thx, Edgrr.

PostPosted: March 17th, 2017, 6:37 am 

F117 looks quite futuristic, in movies typically the one used to drop a nuke.

F22 is the one I remember from my youth, playing the simulator.

PostPosted: March 17th, 2017, 8:51 am 

Darkon wrote:
F117 looks quite futuristic, in movies typically the one used to drop a nuke.

F22 is the one I remember from my youth, playing the simulator.

I made an F22 recently and will upload it with several other aircraft like the F35, F5 and the MIG29.

I'll make a F117 as well now that you mention it. Any other suggestions are also welcome as sometimes I need advice on what to actually make.

PostPosted: March 17th, 2017, 10:34 am 

Watching these aircraft models I thought of a game entitled X-COM Interceptor. It was a poorly acclaimed X-COM franchise release, basing on pilotview spacecraft combat simulation combined with base management and technological research development. It featured also pilot training and team command. I think some day some world this title should be done justice.

PostPosted: March 20th, 2017, 1:56 am 

I created an F117 with dual guns and rockets. The model was more of a challenge then conventional aircraft due to its stealth shaping.

PostPosted: March 20th, 2017, 2:00 am 

So where can we see the work?

PostPosted: March 20th, 2017, 2:18 am 

Darkon wrote:
So where can we see the work?

Link to my forum for the BZII aircraft models FYI: I'll eventual zip the models for modders to download. Textures will need to be converted to BZ2DXT and some weapons will need to be changed to what you currently have available on your BZII install.

Post your suggestions for other aircraft that you'd like to see created for BZII. PS: I need a new liaison for between this forum and Mates forum; I had to fire DEDsey for a lack of cooperation. The general idea is to poke Mates until he adds more support for things like aircraft class, etc... [-o<

PostPosted: March 20th, 2017, 2:37 am 

There are couple of well recognizable versions of F117, I suppose, but the one you presented - which failed to upload in your post the first time I looked, apparently - is heavily simplified. The overall shape is more egdy with plentiful of angle changes along the body, faithful to aerodynamic principles.

PostPosted: March 20th, 2017, 5:25 am 

Darkon wrote:
There are couple of well recognizable versions of F117, I suppose, but the one you presented - which failed to upload in your post the first time I looked, apparently - is heavily simplified. The overall shape is more egdy with plentiful of angle changes along the body, faithful to aerodynamic principles.

Sadly, all of the aircraft are quite simplified by design and so far only an image is posted of the f117. I plan to zip all of the latest aircraft as time allows. The zip will include an f5, f14, f15, f16, f22, f35, mig29 and the f117. I'm still working on a few more before releasing another batch. I'll make a new post when they are uploaded on my modeling forum. Edgrr.

FYI: Have you downloaded the first batch? It included the f4 and f18 along with an a10 and several of my own design.

PostPosted: March 24th, 2017, 2:12 am 

I added one called Euro Fighter.

PostPosted: March 24th, 2017, 2:39 am 

Nice, seems like a more compact one, unless it is especially long, which is unlikely taking this would compromise the aerodynamicism and endurance of the craft.

PostPosted: March 24th, 2017, 5:01 am 

The models are fairly easy to produce using mostly rounded cylinders and cylinder based objects for the fuselage, wings, flaps and rudder. The hard points are simple 3 sided objects. Most of the hard work comes from shaping the base objects to conform to the images used to model them from. Shamefully, the aircraft class was never given much thought by the game designers of BZII. I read a post on Mates forum that part of the problem is that BZII is limited to 2d pathing and aircraft use 3d pathing. APCs, Archers, Bombers, SAVs are all crude aircraft types.