BATTLEZONE COMMUNITY FORUMS

Battlezone I & II Download, Gaming & Development
It is currently December 13th, 2017, 10:08 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: March 11th, 2017, 4:00 am 

I love aircraft and have begun producing low poly aircraft for use with BZII. So far I've made an F4, F5, F14, F15, F16, F18, F22, and F35. All have been converted to XSI, textured, ODF'd, and HP's added including guns, rockets and specials. The flight controls included a bit of sliding making them ideal for strafing targets. Click to to view renders of the current models.

I plan on creating some non American military aircraft and I could use some suggestions on what specific foreign aircraft to make. I mostly use Wikipedia for image reference in creating the aircraft. Thx, the ever lovable Edgrr. :ymparty:

PostPosted: March 11th, 2017, 4:35 am 

Nice idea, I like aircrafts too, but I am afraid hovertanks are already a joke poking at aircrafts so heavy in armour and armament they have to crawl the ground, unable to liftoff anyhow but couple of meters high.

PostPosted: March 12th, 2017, 2:56 am 

I just wish the aircraft class could be tweaked a bit more as it really does serve a vital role in real combat scenario's. The key seems to be not to equip the air units to be too overpowered. Guided rockets seem to be an aircrafts only real enemy; dumb fire types are really pretty worthless against aircraft types. Maybe GBD and DEDC could ask Mates to tweak the aircraft class to make it more useful? C'mon guys, do my bidding and give em a kick in the pants! I hereby command you both to sweet talk em and bug em until he relents... :ymdevil:

PostPosted: March 13th, 2017, 4:48 am 

We've both got better things to be doing with BZ98R right now than ask for more features to be added to a class BZ2 doesn't use. Maybe try asking him yourself?

PostPosted: March 14th, 2017, 2:54 am 

Ded10c wrote:
We've both got better things to be doing with BZ98R right now than ask for more features to be added to a class BZ2 doesn't use. Maybe try asking him yourself?

Typical negativity bro...how would I do that from this forum? How is aircraft class not used? I among others use it. Hadley try thinking sometime about what you say that makes no sense and accept the sad fact that you always come off as a pretty much worthless it-bitty lil' forum troll with little to contribute to this community, yet always have a lot to say about nothing useful. Hadley your fired as a forum liaison for Mates and this forum! :-@ %-( =))

PostPosted: March 14th, 2017, 6:27 am 

Read what I type, not what you think I type. I said aircrafts are a class BZ2 doesn't use - and it doesn't. Aircrafts are only used in mod content. Supporting mod content is, quite rightly, lower priority than supporting stock content.

PostPosted: March 14th, 2017, 7:14 am 

Ded10c wrote:
Read what I type, not what you think I type.

This is actually a big philosophical issue whether any content exists outside of interpretation. The matter is, if I tell you a word, is it a word that is a carrier of the meaning outside of the disputing sides - able to impose the contents upon both of these sides - or is the meaning I transmit somehow reconstructed within yourself, so that you are able to grasp it the way similar to how I grasp it, making meaning the key, instead of the carrier, even to the point of the carrier possibly becoming redundant? Another thing, some people reconstruct things their way, which is perfectly natural, to the extent of it being a mystery why a common reality exists at all. There must be a medium which constitutes what we refer to as "objective", nevertheless it ought to be a subjectivity just like any one of us then, while another issue connected with that states why should this tertiary subjectivity be put above any one of us right here, right now? My reality may be as good as any other, why should it be looked down upon as less "objective"?

PostPosted: March 14th, 2017, 10:00 am 

...no, not really. A statement like that is capable of being either correct or incorrect, and that particular statement is correct. BZ2 doesn't use the aircraft class, just like BZ1 doesn't use the shieldtower class.

PostPosted: March 14th, 2017, 10:57 am 

Well, Nietzsche said believing in grammar is somewhat like believing in absolute god. Similar, perhaps, with how the objective reality works over us. Are we ready to let go of grammar? Or is the threat of loneliness that compromising? What is it to be lonely?

Is it like waiting in an abandoned multiplayer room for other people to come join?

PostPosted: March 14th, 2017, 1:03 pm 

Unless you are suggesting that whether there is a unit in stock BZ2 that uses aircraft class is a matter of opinion - it's not, by the way - then I'm not sure where you expect subjectivity to come into this.

PostPosted: March 14th, 2017, 1:10 pm 

Ultimately is Bomber an aircraft? But yes, it is remote initiated autopilot control, so maybe closer to a drone perhaps.

I quoted the sentence that triggered on the offtopic discussion on my part.

Besides, should loneliness be the case of expectations? I mean, if you wait for others, it is different than knowing you are going to be the only one in given place for a long time. Eternity is long. Especially towards the end.

By the way, Archers look funny when they are shot down during flight to the destiny. Kind of like nowadays satellites. Eagle Landers of a sort.

PostPosted: March 15th, 2017, 3:12 am 

The bomber is an aircraft in the narrative sphere yes, but it is not a member of the aircraft class.

Classes are very specific groups that the game uses to determine how an object behaves. Members of the same class all behave in similar ways. The aircraft class is characterized by its movement; they have a pitch control, which notably makes them the only unit capable of fully 3D movement.

The aircraft class is not simply any unit that "flies". The bomber's class is "bomber", the APC's is "apc" and the Archer's is "artillery".