BATTLEZONE COMMUNITY FORUMS

Battlezone I & II Download, Gaming & Development
It is currently December 13th, 2017, 12:37 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: November 9th, 2016, 5:20 pm 

Hey I posted this for reference/ help for modders searching for how to's info. Apparently, Squirrel got lazy and scrapped his vrsion of the archive. http://web.archive.org/web/20060207000025/http://www.bzuniverse.com/forum/ use it or lose it. :ymdevil:

PostPosted: November 11th, 2016, 5:36 am 

Unfortunately that's a very old copy of the board - much older than the archived one, and largely incomplete. I'm not sure why the BZScrap copy is down; it could just be a server issue that Squirrel hasn't picked up on yet. I'd suspect he's more busy than lazy, what with having a newborn daughter to look after. I have a copy that I'll be putting up at some point in the near future.

PostPosted: November 12th, 2016, 2:26 am 

Ded10c wrote:
Unfortunately that's a very old copy of the board - much older than the archived one, and largely incomplete. I'm not sure why the BZScrap copy is down; it could just be a server issue that Squirrel hasn't picked up on yet. I'd suspect he's more busy than lazy, what with having a newborn daughter to look after. I have a copy that I'll be putting up at some point in the near future.

That would be awesome as I used to refer to the archive for modding purposes mostly. The original site had tons of information and I miss it. :-h

PostPosted: November 23rd, 2016, 2:56 pm 

The BZUniverse forums have been down for a bit and I do apologize I have been forgetting to get it back online... You can find the link at bzscrap.org (may need to f5 refresh)

The main server that runs my web software is running newer versions and the SMF forums that bzuniverse is installed on isn't compatible with newer web software. I could update the forum software but for now I am running the forums from a different server and this will cause slow load times as the database is on a different server.

I will get around to it. Just means when it is updated, the forums will look a bit different than the original and I was hoping not to have to modify it.

PostPosted: November 26th, 2016, 2:24 am 

squirrelof09 wrote:
The BZUniverse forums have been down for a bit and I do apologize I have been forgetting to get it back online... You can find the link at bzscrap.org (may need to f5 refresh)

The main server that runs my web software is running newer versions and the SMF forums that bzuniverse is installed on isn't compatible with newer web software. I could update the forum software but for now I am running the forums from a different server and this will cause slow load times as the database is on a different server.

I will get around to it. Just means when it is updated, the forums will look a bit different than the original and I was hoping not to have to modify it.

Cool and thx.