BATTLEZONE COMMUNITY FORUMS

Battlezone I & II Download, Gaming & Development
It is currently January 20th, 2018, 2:55 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: January 27th, 2014, 11:09 pm 

Game 1 of the Tournament Finals. Commentary is courtesy of Jabbapop ! Enjoy!

PostPosted: January 28th, 2014, 1:29 am 
Admin

That was a really entertaining game to watch, and Jabbapop's commentary was nice too.

I loved seeing the Lancer being used, as well as pulse-las tanks. God that was such a close game. All Nighthunter needed was 15 more seconds to get that arc/blink warrior out, really good and well timed final push. Definitely top-quality playing by both players.

Still, wish the video quality was a bit higher, even the 420p resolution looked janky.

Gotta be handy with the chains if you know what I mean.
Earn your keep.

PostPosted: January 28th, 2014, 9:06 am 

ZeroAngel, right at the beginning there was a chance, not to give just like that scout.
It seems to me at such game deal of warrion wouldn't change situation. Wouldn't lead to a victory but only time lengthening.
9:30 ... safety equipment

Mine opinion.
And besides monotonous "cycle race" for blink_arc_warrion. Very sadly looks.
How many games I watch with Multilock Lancer, it is sure. Dower is necessary for this technology.
The wrong strengthening of scion, not in that place. :|
But apparently this correction was long ago and all got used to it. :-B

PostPosted: January 28th, 2014, 2:04 pm 
Admin

vlad_C0M wrote:
How many games I watch with Multilock Lancer, it is sure. Dower is necessary for this technology.
The wrong strengthening of scion, not in that place. :|
But apparently this correction was long ago and all got used to it. :-B

I didn't see any dowers in his base in that game, and I'm pretty sure the required tech works like this:
Scion Tech Requirements
Lancer:KilnAntenna

Multilock:KilnAntenna
Quill:KilnAntennaDower
Gauss:ForgeDower
Sonic Cannon:ForgeOverseer
Arc Cannon:ForgeOverseer
Blink:ForgeStronghold

Note: I don't remember if Sonic or Arc need Stronghold in order to be modded onto ships.

The *only* things you need for a fast Lancer are Kiln+Antenna and you can choose whether it has multilock or stinger. If you're going for an arc cannon, then you *need* antenna anyways; you do not 'divert' your teching by building a lancer, you only delay it a little bit because of the cost to build the Lancer itself, and the weight of 'is it good to not have offensive power for a minute and get blink' or 'need offensive power now, blink can wait another minute and a half'. Nighthunter did not have the luxury of waiting a minute for blink, because there were no ships on the field to keep snake busy.

The alternative teching choice would have been to skip Antenna+Overseer and go directly for Forge+Stronghold -> Plasma/Blink Warrion then start building antenna+overseer and get arc. That's a very standard Scion strategy (although I wish it wasnt, its one of the only really effective counter against a fast rocket tank on flat maps)

And i'm not 100% sure that going lancer in that game was a bad idea. Nighthunter was 'behind' when he got the Lancer. He used the Lancer to kill 2 Full Scouts and claim the middle pool which made him 'even' with Snake. Then he lost the Lancer which put him again 'behind'. If he didnt lose the Lancer then he would have bought enough time to build an Arc+Blink Warrior which is endgame tech and could have pwned anything that Snake had at that point in the game.

Earn your keep.

PostPosted: January 31st, 2014, 10:14 am 

Yes, I completely agree with you.

But Stinger use, is very limited because of an inefficiency.

It is a little bit about other
. I see that it will be better to continue isdf to use smart faf scout. (dynamism of game)
. And other race has to have an answer, on this opportunity. (balance)

Taking in attention this note, it is possible to tell, isdf humans have technologies and there are requirements to them. Very adequate.

Thus it is possible to choose the strategy, using in the beginning on standard units, and after to choose "tech tree" depending on opportunity

Lancer with multilock needs dower, Over Powered reason. The reason for which balance was observed Lancer's broken movement. That it is possible to tell, almost "distinctive" feature. And in fact, it simply creates which difficulties shouldn't be.
And "free" multilock "hardly" compensates it.
Movement without blink becomes dangerous. And it creates the deadlock for blinking warrions.

And most important. I in extreme degree don't support opinion of "the author of video":
Quote:
Battlezone 2 dead game. Unsuccessful. There is no sense it to develop. You learn to play that that is. and I am the mega-cool super-player B-)

*It is obligatory to add the last, differently the quote will be too inexact.

I see over and over again as game to become monotonous.
And if we don't want that as a result remained.... "last hero"^^^ played with himself, it is necessary to look for and try solutions of available problems.

I can specify only on, that is familiar to me. That I saw. That I noticed. Who has more than experience in multiplayer, has to notice more! (%)

PostPosted: January 31st, 2014, 11:21 am 
Admin

vlad_C0M wrote:
Yes, I completely agree with you.

But Stinger use, is very limited because of an inefficiency.

I agree. Stinger isnt particularly a very good weapon. Its high damage output does not make up for its inaccuracy and the fact that its very easy to evade if fighting it head-on. The problems with stinger are worsened because stinger tends to turn to hit targets that you do not want to hit with them.

Quote:
I see that it will be better to continue isdf to use smart faf scout. (dynamism of game)
. And other race has to have an answer, on this opportunity. (balance)

The reason why I am planning on discontinuing the 'faf' on the ISDF smart scout is not only because of its very strong dogfighting ability, but also because it's too powerful compared to other smart scouts. But honestly, I would prefer to have the smart scout be less accurate (but better at evading/dodging), but it's very hard to make the smart scout very good in this regard.

Quote:
Lancer with multilock needs dower, Over Powered reason. The reason for which balance was observed Lancer's broken movement. That it is possible to tell, almost "distinctive" feature. And in fact, it simply creates which difficulties shouldn't be.
And "free" multilock "hardly" compensates it.
Movement without blink becomes dangerous. And it creates the deadlock for blinking warrions.

Lancer with multilock is very powerful if you 'rush' to get it, but it doesnt stand a chance against full scouts since fulls will be equipped with phantom vir. Also, it diverts from the 'fast' blink (kiln->forge->stronghold) strategy where dower and antenna are skipped to get a blink/plasma warrior out as quickly as possible. I am concerned for that because 'fast' blink is already a very very popular strategy and I would prefer for people to use alternatives too. Be willing to delay 'almighty blink', but without penalizing them much for going 'a little out of the way' of fast blink for something that can be powerful in the right situations.

Guess I should mention (since its related) that Dower+Antenna is the build order needed for the 'early quill empty' strategy. So there is already an advantage to going with that teching choice.

Earn your keep.

PostPosted: January 31st, 2014, 2:11 pm 

Quote:
Battlezone 2 dead game. Unsuccessful. There is no sense it to develop. You learn to play that that is. and I am the mega-cool super-player

Not sure if you're talking shit because of your bad English speaking but I actually put a lot of work into testing VSR you little nigger

PostPosted: January 31st, 2014, 4:33 pm 

ZeroAngel, in stock variant Multilock need dower. (And I solved why).
It is the main counter scion. With their late technologies. =) Stinger will be a ballast until then a time while though somehow it won't be able to be used. In stock it made mechanically. Having made initially weak Multilock. I at all don't know whom it is possible to kill from stock multilock ;)))).

But as a whole, I think you persuaded me to return dower-free multilock in my rec variant.
& I remembered. :) Stinger can have TeamFilter = 51.

Mortarion
( ](*,) until you understand to whom that quote belongs). You as a whole in everything support this person.

PostPosted: February 1st, 2014, 11:48 pm 

Here's the 2nd and 3rd game with the commentary.

PostPosted: February 2nd, 2014, 1:39 am 

gr8 sig m8

PostPosted: February 2nd, 2014, 1:57 am 

Ikr, it's 'mazing.

PS: When we killin' vlad?

PostPosted: February 2nd, 2014, 4:02 pm 

T-minus 176 hours and 57 minutes