BATTLEZONE COMMUNITY FORUMS

Battlezone I & II Download, Gaming & Development
It is currently January 19th, 2018, 7:10 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: January 27th, 2014, 9:36 pm 

GreenGuy's getting better... took me 3 mins to beat him 1v1.

PostPosted: January 28th, 2014, 2:03 pm 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDSGph8mXkE

PostPosted: January 28th, 2014, 7:01 pm 

silver wrote:

I quit due to the horrendous lag that I was experiencing, then offered we could play on my server or your server instead. There's a difference.

PostPosted: January 28th, 2014, 7:05 pm 
Admin

I heard greenguy's server was really bad. Host moves have authority so if the host server is prone to packet loss or ping spikes than everyone will experience frustratingly bad lag.

Gotta be handy with the chains if you know what I mean.
Earn your keep.

PostPosted: January 28th, 2014, 7:20 pm 

-}GoD{-Scorpion wrote:
silver wrote:

I quit due to the horrendous lag that I was experiencing, then offered we could play on my server or your server instead. There's a difference.

You quit because I killed you and your rat and I had 2 rats in your base at the 3 min mark.

{bac}Zero Angel wrote:
I heard greenguy's server was really bad. Host moves have authority so if the host server is prone to packet loss or ping spikes than everyone will experience frustratingly bad lag.

It wasn't even possible to join his game.

PostPosted: January 29th, 2014, 12:54 am 

Yeah we got natneg, couldn't join gg's host.

Also he built a rat straight up trying to beat silver the same was luci beat gg... back fired pretty bad.

Greenguy I think you need to learn to respect your opponents more.

PostPosted: March 8th, 2014, 12:16 am 

AHadley wrote:
Don't be a dickhead, I've been a member of this community for ten years now. You can't be banned from the game because the matchmaking is run separately by RakNET. He could ban you from matches he hosts, but that's it.

Wow, I literally facepalmed so much I broke my feuking nose. I didn't mean that I thought he would get me banned from the ACTUAL game stupid, but from his SERVER, in which there were 10 players awaiting strat. Do you understand it now or do I have to spell it out for you nerd? What kind of casual do you actually take me for?

Anyway I don't care how long you've been a member of the community, why are you even here if you don't actually play the damn thing?! Besides I've been playing this game online at least since 2001 so try harder noobie.

PostPosted: March 8th, 2014, 5:05 am 

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little noob? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the ISDF academy, and I’ve been involved in numerous vet strats on Remnant, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in hovering and I’m the top sniper in the entire Vearie Group. You are nothing to me but just another mini empty. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this map, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over bz2maps? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of vets across the zone and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your scout. You’re fucking dead, noob. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can hover you down in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my full scout. Not only am I extensively trained in blast wars, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the ISDF and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable noob ass off the face of Red Slope, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn noob. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, GreenGuy.

PostPosted: March 8th, 2014, 7:47 am 

Scorp wrote:
AHadley wrote:
Don't be a dickhead, I've been a member of this community for ten years now. You can't be banned from the game because the matchmaking is run separately by RakNET. He could ban you from matches he hosts, but that's it.

Wow, I literally facepalmed so much I broke my feuking nose. I didn't mean that I thought he would get me banned from the ACTUAL game stupid, but from his SERVER, in which there were 10 players awaiting strat. Do you understand it now or do I have to spell it out for you nerd? What kind of casual do you actually take me for?

Anyway I don't care how long you've been a member of the community, why are you even here if you don't actually play the damn thing?! Besides I've been playing this game online at least since 2001 so try harder noobie.

It doesn't matter what you mean if that's not what you say. If you mean *his* game, say his game and people won't misunderstand you.

Unless you lobby-sit 24/7, how do you know I wasn't playing last night, the night before, or the night before that? You don't. The fact that I wasn't anyway is utterly irrelevant to the fact that you put your foot in your mouth, but at least you tried to wiggle your way out of being made to look a fool.

And I'm sorry GreenGuy, but unless somebody else corroborates it I'm not going to believe for a moment that you started playing this game within two years of release. I was around when you first appeared on both boards three years ago; you sounded like you were around twelve and most certainly not like a ten-year veteran.

PostPosted: March 8th, 2014, 3:50 pm 

AHadley wrote:
Scorp wrote:
AHadley wrote:

It doesn't matter what you mean if that's not what you say. If you mean *his* game, say his game and people won't misunderstand you.

Unless you lobby-sit 24/7, how do you know I wasn't playing last night, the night before, or the night before that? You don't. The fact that I wasn't anyway is utterly irrelevant to the fact that you put your foot in your mouth, but at least you tried to wiggle your way out of being made to look a fool.

And I'm sorry GreenGuy, but unless somebody else corroborates it I'm not going to believe for a moment that you started playing this game within two years of release. I was around when you first appeared on both boards three years ago; you sounded like you were around twelve and most certainly not like a ten-year veteran.

Probably because I was like 15, problem? I have used a ton of different nicks, but ask everyone here if I've been around for a long time. At least a member of this board since like 2005 with another user. I didn't actually say I started playing this game in 2001 that was just ONLINE, I've been playing pretty much since it came out, my dad helped me out the first years of course.

I have NEVER seen you in a strat, AHadley. If I have it had to be one of those stock SUB-0 NO CLAKING!!! games.

It appears to me you have little interest in the actual game other than modding, and yes I DO know that you weren't playing last night, the night before, or the past two years for that matter. I'm an active player of this game and I just know things like that.

Last edited by GeneralDim on March 8th, 2014, 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: March 8th, 2014, 3:57 pm 

Mortarion wrote:
What the f**k did you just f**k say about me, you little noob? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the ISDF academy, and I’ve been involved in numerous vet strats on Remnant, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in hovering and I’m the top sniper in the entire Vearie Group. You are nothing to me but just another mini empty. I will wipe you the f**k out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this map, mark my f**k words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over bz2maps? Think again, f**k. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of vets across the zone and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your scout. You’re f**k dead, noob. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can hover you down in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my full scout. Not only am I extensively trained in blast wars, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the ISDF and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable noob ass off the face of Red Slope, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your f**k tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn noob. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re f**k dead, GreenGuy.

You need to calm your shit, Mort. I wasn't even talking to you in the first place.

PostPosted: March 8th, 2014, 5:12 pm 

Scorp wrote:
Probably because I was like 15, problem? I have used a ton of different nicks, but ask everyone here if I've been around for a long time. At least a member of this board since like 2005 with another user. I didn't actually say I started playing this game in 2001 that was just ONLINE, I've been playing pretty much since it came out, my dad helped me out the first years of course.

I have NEVER seen you in a strat, AHadley. If I have it had to be one of those stock SUB-0 NO CLAKING!!! games.

It appears to me you have little interest in the actual game other than modding, and yes I DO know that you weren't playing last night, the night before, or the past two years for that matter. I'm an active player of this game and I just know things like that.

*sigh*.

You've never seen me in a strat? I've never seen you in a strat either, does that mean you don't play? No, it simply means we've never been in the lobby at the same time. It's a fool who thinks who plays and how often actually matters, and even more a fool who thinks things he hasn't seen don't happen. I've played just less than a dozen matches in the last two or so years, most of which have been LAN matches in my halls of residence. What bearing does it have on whether or not you put your foot in your mouth, and why are you arguing it now when it happened two months ago? None; it's a red herring, a pitiful attempt to change the topic to distract others from your mistake.

If you find yourself asking if I have any interest in the game, I suggest you look again at the amount of work I have done to maintain it in and around the engine. I am the sole manager of the wiki, where I have 170 times the contribution count of the nearest user. I am re-writing the front-end of Battlegrounds and replacing mapadder in one stroke. I am helping to re-write every single-player mission script for both BZ2 and FE. And yes, I mod; I'm the lead scriptwriter of CP2. I have three of my own mods in solo development and am in the core team for two others. I am the first person many modders of both games come if they have a story problem. Is that something to be looked down on? No; it's a greater degree of dedication to this game than I see you presenting. This game has shaped my entire career* and I'm here to return the favour.

Oh, and by the way, "I'm an active player, I just know" is utterly ridiculous.

* I study Gameplay Design and Production with Narratology at university. Battlezone II put me here; it got me into both video gaming and video game development a decade ago, and my work for it and Bionite secured my place. One of my assignments earlier this year focused on Battlezone II, comparing its narrative structure with the monomyth laid out in The Hero with a Thousand Faces and detailing the plot holes and shortcomings resulting from its rushed nature, the work the community has done to fix it and the misunderstandings that arise form its complex storyline. It got a first and I've been told to consider focusing on it for a MSc.