Sniper 250 meters 22%  22%  [ 2 ]
Sniper 200 meters 67%  67%  [ 6 ]
Sniper 150 meters 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 9
 Post subject: Re: Sniper range
PostPosted: October 26th, 2016, 11:48 pm 
Admin

Skippr wrote:
Also, what if pilots don't get replenished by the service bay to prevent bay sniping?

It might seem like a good idea if you've ever felt it to be unfair for you to get sniped by a bay sniper, but it's really not. Bay sniping makes the late game a lot more dynamic and gives hope to a team that might otherwise look to be in an unwinnable situation, a good bay snipe can turn a game around for any closely matched team, and it is an essential counter to lategame scions.

I tried a much more sensible nerf to bay sniping in one of the earlier VSRs. Which was to simply increase the cooldown on sniper rifle, from 1 second to 2.5 seconds I think. People generally didn't like it, so I changed it back.

Gotta be handy with the chains if you know what I mean.
Earn your keep.

Post subject: Re: Sniper range
PostPosted: November 1st, 2016, 9:47 am 

{bac}Zero Angel wrote:
Skippr wrote:
Also, what if pilots don't get replenished by the service bay to prevent bay sniping?

It might seem like a good idea if you've ever felt it to be unfair for you to get sniped by a bay sniper, but it's really not. Bay sniping makes the late game a lot more dynamic and gives hope to a team that might otherwise look to be in an unwinnable situation, a good bay snipe can turn a game around for any closely matched team, and it is an essential counter to lategame scions.

I tried a much more sensible nerf to bay sniping in one of the earlier VSRs. Which was to simply increase the cooldown on sniper rifle, from 1 second to 2.5 seconds I think. People generally didn't like it, so I changed it back.

If a team has reached an "unwinnable situation," perhaps they should just take the L they earned, rather than being given the late game deus ex machina.

On the other hand, if you can't handle a sniped ship, were you ever really winning? :P

Not really a problem for me though (I love bay sniping ;-)), just a suggestion as I hadn't seen it discussed before.