BATTLEZONE COMMUNITY FORUMS

Battlezone I & II Download, Gaming & Development
It is currently January 20th, 2018, 7:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: May 25th, 2015, 2:26 am 

I was in a 1v1 today and I could SWEAR that my Msl Scout literally killed me and like half of my AI when I made my first attack on a base. He was strafing behind us and kept tagging friendly units or hitting the enemy service bay instead of the target (a scout) I told it to attack. Is there any way to redo the msl scout intelligence to make it a little...smarter? As of right now, they're pretty clueless units, at least from what I've experienced in this 1v1 and other games. What, were those pilot-scumbags pulled off the streets of Chicago and thrown into a Msl Scout with no TRAINING?!?! >:(

Last edited by Blaedicus on May 25th, 2015, 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: May 25th, 2015, 3:45 am 

Blaedicus wrote:
I was in a 1v1 today and I could SWEAR that my Msl Scout literally killed me and like half of my AI when I made my first attack on a base. He was strafing behind us and kept tagging friendly units instead of the lone target on a friggin Service Bay haha. Is there any way to redo the msl scout intelligence to make it a little...smarter? As of right now, they're pretty clueless units, at least from what I've experienced in this 1v1 and other games. What, were those pilot-scumbags pulled off the streets of Chicago and thrown into a Msl Scout with no TRAINING?!?! >:(

Probably yes, i don't use Msl scouts at all, i go for (when i am isdf) straight to jackals and early rush
:-bd

God is not a religion, He is our Saviour :D He sent his only begotten Son, Jesus, to died on the cross for all of humanity so that we can live with him in Heaven if we choose him to be our God, if we don't choose him fair enough but you will get a life without him after death, one of eternal separation from him because that is what you chose.

PostPosted: May 25th, 2015, 6:44 am 

if 1v1 turn off friendly fire

really the problem is bigger than just the ai, the msl scout is a wide ass unit so them shooting eachother, especially with tags is something to be expected

if you have a big group of them n send them to att something in a bottle neck you only rly got yourself to blame for poor application of resources.

if used in an open area with shads to combat redfield tanks, warrios etc they are usually pretty good for their price of 45

PostPosted: May 25th, 2015, 10:36 am 

I had a force of 1 msl scout, 4 jackals and myself and we were in the base area of High&Low. We were trying to kill a lone scout on the bay and the msl scout missed almost every single shot hit the serv bay/hit a friendly, and not the ship it was attacking. I guess that is my main complaint. Hmm, but that is true about the shads. Next time I'll try that instead of keeping it on TAG.

PostPosted: May 29th, 2015, 12:39 pm 

Definitely turn off FF in 1v1s, especially if you want to do Hadean locust spam >:(