BATTLEZONE COMMUNITY FORUMS

Battlezone I & II Download, Gaming & Development
It is currently May 27th, 2017, 11:37 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: January 17th, 2015, 8:56 pm 

There seems to be an issue with XP computers. Mort and Kronic cant get it to work and XP is the system they're running on.

EDIT: Seems to be happening on other systems as well. Not sure what the issue is.

PostPosted: January 17th, 2015, 10:06 pm 

Also, there are some considerable periods of time where games are not visible at all. I had to refresh 24 times to get a game to show. Every now and then during those refreshs it would say there was no communication with the online server (the blue box that always appears)

PostPosted: January 17th, 2015, 10:13 pm 
Admin

Hey thanks for doing this!

It's mostly working well for me, but these are the issues I find:

Occasional 'no servers found' upon launch. Refresh usually corrects this, but often not all servers list. Sometimes, just the bz2maps listing, or that and sub_o and my server .. but not (snakes?) full 5v5 server, until a refresh or two later, then gone again.

PostPosted: January 18th, 2015, 2:02 am 

I'm wondering myself if this could be an issue with IPV6 because routing wasn't implemented in XP and basic scans reveal that the script may require the framework.

just a hunch

PostPosted: January 18th, 2015, 5:33 am 

Let me say a few words too. Good job Claket, we dont need GSH when we got you :P
Why my server was unavailable, well maybe my hosting company did some maintenance on the server.
Guyz don't expect much right now cause this is still a work in progress. I did notice too that on first request for gamelist there is nothing found, and after refresh it shows games. I'm sure we can make some adjustments to improve this, but we need more testing and coding. Too bad claket and I aren't in same timezone so we can work together on this.

PostPosted: January 18th, 2015, 9:09 am 

Xohm wrote:
I'm wondering myself if this could be an issue with IPV6 because routing wasn't implemented in XP and basic scans reveal that the script may require the framework.

just a hunch

IPV6 install for WinXP
https://www.microsoft.com/resources/doc ... x?mfr=true

PostPosted: January 18th, 2015, 9:55 am 

dermatologists and mates monkeys HATE Cloaket.

PostPosted: January 18th, 2015, 10:10 am 
Admin

Oh wow, I didnt even read this topic till now. I thought it was just some gameranger/tuungle type bollocks. I'll switch our game listing service to use Kebbz' raknet server.

Gotta be handy with the chains if you know what I mean.
Earn your keep.

PostPosted: January 18th, 2015, 11:08 am 
Admin

Thanks ZA. Now to get GSH to include this in the next 1.3PB release.
For now, perhaps make a simple inno setup installer to copy/replace with a new modified localprefs.ini regardless of install location? Ya know, for the not so inquisitive? 8-[

again, a special thanks to Vearie and Kebbzy for doing this, much appreciated! =D>

PostPosted: January 18th, 2015, 12:26 pm 

there's an entry in Gameprefs.ini/LocalPrefs.ini where you can set the online server list refresh rate:

OnlineServerListRefresh = 30

PostPosted: January 19th, 2015, 8:31 am 

Claket, can you update your post and add this, cause two peolpe had this problem editing localprefs.ini because they installed the game in Program Files and have access denied on the file. This should help:

Click Start > All Programs > Accessories , right-click Notepad , and click Run as administrator . For protection against malware, Windows 7 doesn't allow normal processes to change files in the Program Files folder.

PostPosted: January 19th, 2015, 12:00 pm 

Done.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next