BATTLEZONE COMMUNITY FORUMS

Battlezone I & II Download, Gaming & Development
It is currently November 18th, 2017, 11:39 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
PostPosted: October 4th, 2017, 10:27 am 

Game the multiplayer of which appealed to me the most is Singularity, though if to take it only for singleplayer campaign, it is just an okay title with console-style narrow field of vision. Pity certain technicalities stood in the way of making people discover how good the multiplayer is in Singularity. The key is to start a private match, which can go on only with befriended players. The thing in Singularity that I think are superb are personalized equipment and abilities - providing for strategic approach - shaping the gameplay different way than arena shooters, as well as division between soldiers and monsters, where soldiers play in first person view, while monsters go third person view, allowing for certain maneuvers otherwise unavailable.

PostPosted: October 8th, 2017, 8:58 am 

Aliens versus Predator 2, been hunting for it so long, now when it appeared on auction portal, even in couple of instasnces, at reasonable price, I doubt whether I want it. Would have to do my homework how does it eventually perform on modern systems, what patches are there available and so on. Used to play the game in the past, as far as I remember I finished the Marine and Alien campaign on moderate difficulty.

PostPosted: October 16th, 2017, 12:39 pm 

Playing the original Bioshock. The game does impress me but fails to kidnap me with amusement. Somewhat what it offers is outside of my main circle of interest, nonetheless is good still. Systemically it is System Shock 2, the aesthetics is noir mixed with submarine science-fiction futuristic utopia turned dystopia, with stylish 1950s tidbits known from Fallout. Combat feels clunky for a game looking more advanced than System Shock 2.

PostPosted: November 11th, 2017, 11:33 pm 

Templar Battleforce, a modern postretro release bringing the aesthetics and sophistication of the old school games to modern days. Sometimes, playing it, I feel like it is truly warped from the past. The developer, Trese Brothers, is a studio which is to be appreciated for the social, active and open stance towards the fandom that it has, next to providing active long term update care of their releases. Currently they are also working on a new release - Star Traders: Frontiers - expanding their Star Traders universe, heavily inspired with the Dune.

PostPosted: November 15th, 2017, 2:51 am 

Darkon wrote:
Templar Battleforce, a modern postretro release bringing the aesthetics and sophistication of the old school games to modern days. Sometimes, playing it, I feel like it is truly warped from the past. The developer, Trese Brothers, is a studio which is to be appreciated for the social, active and open stance towards the fandom that it has, next to providing active long term update care of their releases. Currently they are also working on a new release - Star Traders: Frontiers - expanding their Star Traders universe, heavily inspired with the Dune.

TreseBrothers just released StarTradersFrontiers on EarlyAccess, STEAM. Soon the game should be available also on other services, including MicrosoftStore. It is a space exploration RPG focused on management. Elaborate piece of fun to those digging the style, very much to fans of Dune and science-fiction or future-fantasy. Heavy postretro style with polished mechanics, in the traditional manner of TreseBrothers.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10