The VSR Beta 4 release is now obsolete! It has been replaced by the VSR Beta 4.2 release
VSR Beta 4 is finally out of the pre-release cycle and is ready for public consumption.
The Beta 4 release fixes some bugs and balance regressions from the Release Candidate and introduces a few conservative but handy changes. Most importantly, VSR Beta 4 does not need to be launched with a special shortcut -- all VSR game modes and maps will be available from Stock BZ2 once it is installedGet it here!
There are some known issues, however, and these mostly have to do with the implementation of the Hadeans. Regretfully, these known issues are unfixable given the way VSR is packaged to be 'stock 1.3 compatible'.
To see all of the new things introduced in VSR, please read the Full Release Notes, which are also displayed in the installer, and available in your root BZ2 folder after install.
In order to enable VSR game modes on normal strat maps, you must go into 'Map Options' and click on one of the buttons near the bottom of the screen to change to which ever game mode you prefer.Changes introduced since the Release Candidate include
- 3 New Maps by K-Barter added: Antal Island, Ambalon Highlands, Walleys.
- 2 maps removed: Lairan, Tarangu Swamps
- Hadean sniper regain bug fixed
- Fixed bug where Xenomator units did not actually use 1.2 style physics
- Hadeans now use the sniper rifle models from Race Project
- Lancer, turn speed reduced slightly
- Acid Cloud, HP reduced by a further 20%
- M-Curtain, deflects ordnance better (from last release)
- Archers, slight reduction of deploy/undeploy times (1 second each).
- Xares Tank (all variants). Acceleration increased slightly.
- Zeus (SKS and WRM variants). Turning responsiveness increased moderately.
- Scion Shields, now cost 10 each (like stock 1.3)
- Arc Cannon, now costs 20 scrap from armory.
- MAG Cannon, now costs 20 scrap from armory.
- Hadean players will get warnings about missing sound files when trying to give orders to teammates. This cannot be fixed given the way that Hadeans are set up in VSR
- Hadean players will be ISDF pilots when they jump out of their ships. This bug cannot yet be fixed (to my knowledge) without introducing worse bugs
NEWLY DISCOVERED ISSUES
- Dome XSI asset conflicts with ZEMod. This will be fixed in the 4.1 release.
- Bomber can be sniped. This will be fixed in the 4.1 release.
- Players who were testing sandbox mod and downloaded the tornado mine seperately will need to delete the tornado mine that they manually installed, as the tornado mine is included in VSR. And having the old one may cause bad assets.
Also, if I didn't address all the suggestions, i'll be sure to take a better look at it for Beta 4.1, a maintainance release that will address all balance flaws discovered in 4.0 and will be released in a month if no critical bugs or balance issues are discovered for the Beta 4 release.