BATTLEZONE COMMUNITY FORUMS

Battlezone I & II Download, Gaming & Development
It is currently December 17th, 2017, 6:05 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
PostPosted: November 20th, 2012, 8:06 am 

Yeah its a really good tactic to use. Just it mainly relys on beating the person you 1v1ing at dog fights so you can get all mid loose and mid control.

PostPosted: November 20th, 2012, 1:38 pm 

yeah the best thing about it was if you're beating em in doggies the blokes will usually go for a quick bay and build a laser empty which cant do shit against a pulse lase tank and a bunch of ass tanks.

i have a shitton more fun playing scions 1v1 but. though, i enjoy really risky isdf play but it wasnt working for me against cloaket who seems to take little risk and is positional and solid.

it felt like cavalry vs trench warfare most of the time.

PostPosted: November 30th, 2012, 3:21 pm 

TOURNAMENT RESULTS

Champion: Max
2nd place: Snake
3rd place: Sly
4th place: Cyber
5th place tie: Cloaket / Dom
7th place tie: Silver / Draco
8th place tie: dd / Mortarion / Tsahalis / Tom
13th place tie: Nero / M.S / Muffin / Devastator

You can view these results at the tourney website: http://www.challonge.com/bz2

Congrats to Max for winning it! Heres a brief summary of the Finals matches that dont have screenshots but there were Refs present.

Match 1 Game 2: It was an Scion v Scion game where max got to warrior first and ended with Quill warrior. ~12 min game. Ref was Doc
Match 1 Game 3: ISDF v Scion game where i dominated the dogfights, got to PL-ass tanks and finished the game before he had any tech up. ~15 min game. Ref was Cyber.

Match 2 Game 1: ISDF v Scion game where max was able to fend off my assaults with a multi-lock lancer and eventually got to quill warrior and dominated the game from there. ~20 min game. Ref was Shraker and BB
Match 2 Game 2: ISDF v Scion game where pretty much the same thing happened (mulit-lock lancer) expect it was more effective since i lost the 1st dogfight in that game. ~13 min game. Ref was BB.

Well to sum it all up it was a semi-successful tournament thanks to sly and his gang acting like crybabies and withdrawing. It started off great but then near the middle of the tourney things started to get heated as the pressure got to some people. sly starts shit but when people start talking back he runs like a coward. I'm not gonna go into that as i could quote alot of things he has said and make him look like a complete moron but i have better things to do.

As far as future tournaments go, we prolly won't have any until we find a good solution to the gamespy problem and get more players playing again.

Shout out to Dom,Cyber,Mort,dd,Silver, and others for actually completing the tournament! Not bad for the first ever tournament in BZ history!

PostPosted: November 30th, 2012, 3:32 pm 

Thanks,an btw Match 2 my lancer was with stinger :P

PostPosted: November 30th, 2012, 3:44 pm 

Snake wrote:
I'm not gonna go into that

That's exactly what you are doing.

PostPosted: November 30th, 2012, 3:50 pm 

I should have said, "not going any further into that." Thanks, who are you again ?

PostPosted: November 30th, 2012, 4:16 pm 

Max, the UNDISPUTED champion of Battlezone II. Good thing I dropped out, lest I had to face this unstoppable train which rolled through all of his competition without ANY resistance. A greater person hasn't walked out of the Balkans since Nikola Tesla. Enjoy your seat on the throne Max, but know that the peasants who you have dominated in your matches will be waiting in the disease-ridden gutters for their chance to strike from the darkness (although, considering the skill levels I've seen in this tourney, you will beat them into their places without much effort).

God save the King!!

PostPosted: November 30th, 2012, 4:33 pm 

AHadley wrote:
Snake wrote:
I'm not gonna go into that

That's exactly what you are doing.

Someone who thinks your behaviour during the tournament wasn't much better than theirs.

PostPosted: November 30th, 2012, 8:03 pm 

damn son max actually won huh. are the vids of the games?

ill asume you skipped arm and got out the tank without vir right? coz if he had the lancer at that time, it would be pre useful. did he have stronghold?? if he did i can understand. if not, i would have thought youd be able to break through his defence. im interested in seeing a vid or getting a more indepth explaination of the games

PostPosted: December 1st, 2012, 4:38 am 

Mortarion wrote:
damn son max actually won huh. are the vids of the games?

ill asume you skipped arm and got out the tank without vir right? coz if he had the lancer at that time, it would be pre useful. did he have stronghold?? if he did i can understand. if not, i would have thought youd be able to break through his defence. im interested in seeing a vid or getting a more indepth explaination of the games

Yea i skipped arm and no he didn't have stronghold. Unfortunetly there was no one on to record the games so no vids.

PostPosted: December 3rd, 2012, 7:11 pm 

PostPosted: December 4th, 2012, 1:21 am 

nicely edited makes me miss playing aye. was good to see pics n vids of my games too. ggs to the blokes i vsed ae, practicing with everyone was good too

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next