BATTLEZONE COMMUNITY FORUMS

Battlezone I & II Download, Gaming & Development
It is currently November 19th, 2017, 8:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 16  Next
PostPosted: October 1st, 2012, 10:35 am 

I know you dont like it, but my 2 cents:

This game should definitely have been replayed and MAX should receive a punishmet - yellow -> red card IF you can prove that he know of the effects.

I mean to get a ISDF scout as scion is a huge advantage as well as the fact that he can NAV before doma even gets close to mid -also spawning behind him, wtf?! Being in the rules or not doesnt matter imho because thats exactly what refs are for: to apply the rules and check for the fairness of the game. In this case there was a definite imbalance present.

I mean - if you dont start the game with your race's scout then INSTANTLY restart game...

May I ask, F1 - how the hell did this look like? He spawns as Camera pod - navs - ctrl bs - spawns as isdf - goes back to base and misses the first mins because he's waiting for his scion empty? Honestly: If doma lost this even tough of such an advantage...

If MAX fired even one shot of mini in this game then thats bs...

PostPosted: October 1st, 2012, 11:16 am 

Pretty sure he knew exactly what he was doing (Max that is) :) . BB is right though, the ref should have immediately restarted without even asking in this case. You pick scions knowing you are gonna get your full's ass handed to you during first fights (usually). Don't see how anyone can complain about having their cons rushed one game, then immediately pull something like this the next though. And don't worry Dom, I'll be sure to send Max down there to hell with you after he uses archers off the map to beat Snake.

PostPosted: October 1st, 2012, 3:26 pm 

Holy shit I agree with him. I never thought this would happen.

PostPosted: October 1st, 2012, 7:47 pm 

When is the next match up? I'm going to be getting a new computer soon, can't stand playing on laptops.

"And he said, Whereunto shall we liken the kingdom of God? Or with what comparison shall we compare it? It is like a grain of mustard seed, which when it is sown in the earth, less than all the seeds that be in the earth. But when it is sown, it growth up, and becometh greater than all herbs, and shooteth out great branches; so that the fowls of the air may lodge under the shadow of it" (Mk. 4:30-32)

PostPosted: October 1st, 2012, 8:53 pm 

I'll admit, I should have just restarted, but that's hindsight. I asked Domakus if it was okay to proceed and left it completely up to him. He was fine. After the game, some other people agreed that it was BS, and basically said he deserved a rematch, which he declined to.

I'll apologize now, but I'm not taking any responsibility for corrupting results; there were plenty of opportunities to redo things.

PostPosted: October 2nd, 2012, 5:57 am 

No worries its all good. As I have said before this is the stuff we need cause like any other sport or tournament stuff needs to happen before rules can be changed or created making it better for the next one.

One thing I would watch out for though is max playing for DD

I'm still not out of the tournament and I still need to 1v1 sly so...... GGs

PostPosted: October 2nd, 2012, 6:30 am 

Domakus wrote:
One thing I would watch out for though is max playing for DD

damn son, never thought of this. never thought anyone would pick camera pod in a 1v1 either...

refs, be prepared to bail your camera pods and fight burnsfighters that max somehow spawned at the start.

PostPosted: October 2nd, 2012, 8:52 pm 

I'm looking for a referee that I can pay side money via Paypal that will help me achieve a win-win scenario in the next 1 vs 1 tourney so that I can win to kingdom come and take ownership of my video game once and for all.

This is what I am looking for in a paid referee:
-able to edit video footage so that the outcome shows I win every dogfight every time. Show footage of me always in green health and full ammo and the opponent always in red health and fleeing for his life.
-if a dispute shall arise, the referee will take my side right away and cite rulez to enforce my interest and defend my situation no matter if the opponent is correct.
-my paid referee will also give me heads up on my opponent's next move (situation) in order for me to counteract his strategy using Skype, cellphone, or similar technology.

If any referee is interested, please feel free to PM me and you will remain anonymous.

Thanks in advance. \:D/

"And he said, Whereunto shall we liken the kingdom of God? Or with what comparison shall we compare it? It is like a grain of mustard seed, which when it is sown in the earth, less than all the seeds that be in the earth. But when it is sown, it growth up, and becometh greater than all herbs, and shooteth out great branches; so that the fowls of the air may lodge under the shadow of it" (Mk. 4:30-32)

PostPosted: October 4th, 2012, 6:31 pm 

All first round matches have been completed in less than one week, other than the Tom vs Cloaket game.

Moving forward the time per round in the upper brackets will now be 1 week. As far as the lower brackets are concerned, those players may do their matches as soon as they get paired up with an opponent at any stage of the tournament.

If this tournament turns out to be a success(which it currently is) we could plan another tourney around christmas time!

PostPosted: October 4th, 2012, 8:19 pm 

Domakus should of won. I rewound that video several times and scrutinized it. This is a classic case of "the emperor has no clothes"

PostPosted: October 10th, 2012, 2:16 pm 
Admin

The MAX vs Draco game has concluded. The games were hosted by dd (due to Draco having problems hosting), with me spectating on MAX's side and dd spectating Draco's side. I made dd promise not to leak information to MAX (though I don't think it's in dd's character to do so) and believe the results to be completely fair.

In lieu of screenshots, I will provide a quick summary of each game.

=GAME 1: RED SLOPE=

MAX won the opening dogfight. Draco and MAX simultaneously moved rats to middle area and the following encounters consisted of several dogfights usually going in MAX's favor. MAX gained field superiority and proceeded to pin Draco in base, but Draco managed to quickly tech up in spite of that, destroying him once in a base run and then trying to unpin himself who was now hedged in by turrets. After MAX destroyed Draco's ship, he proceeded to quickly finish by moving his turrets into Draco's base and hitting it with mortar bikes.

Winner: MAX

=GAME 2: STRAT ARENA =

The opening dogfight started out with Draco having an ever-so-slight upper hand on MAX. MAX looked like he was about to start backing off and Draco went for an extremely risky snipe attempt which failed when MAX charged forward and killed him with a FAF. In spite of this Draco managed to quickly position a turret in the middle and plant mid pool. However MAX kept harassing the turret and eventually killed it. Just as MAX was retreating, Draco charged after him, draining MAX's health to critical and nearly scoring a kill but MAX managed to complete his pod build just in time and repelled Draco. Draco moved a turret to a strange place in between mid and one of Max's secondary pools in an effort to lure MAX into a confrontation and into the ambush of the rattler. In spite of this MAX managed to get Draco out of his ship and Draco tried then repositioning that rattler at MAX's secondary pool but it died as MAX was still in a ship to kill it with. Draco then realized that MAX was in possession of both his 2nd pools and moved rats there -- destroying them and planting his own scavs, but by then it was too late; Draco was in a critically bad position and all MAX had to do was end the game with turrets and bikes.

Winner: MAX

As a result, MAX will now be facing Snake in the third round of the tourney.

Sorry, but I wasnt able to get screenshots of the endgames. Not sure why my screenshot keys don't work outside of the editor. :/

Gotta be handy with the chains if you know what I mean.
Earn your keep.

PostPosted: October 10th, 2012, 2:44 pm 

Quote:
The MAX vs Draco game has concluded. The games were hosted by dd (due to Draco having problems hosting), with me spectating on MAX's side and dd spectating Draco's side. I made dd promise not to leak information to MAX (though I don't think it's in dd's character to do so) and believe the results to be completely fair.

Are you kidding me? I hope you made him promise on his scout's honor at least! Why the hell couldnt you both just spectate on MAX' side? Why had he to be on Draco's side??

I'm not even in the tournament so sorry for nitpicking. I guess I'm just curious, coz this really seems to be happening!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 16  Next