BATTLEZONE COMMUNITY FORUMS

Battlezone I & II Download, Gaming & Development
It is currently November 19th, 2017, 8:09 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 16  Next
PostPosted: September 30th, 2012, 2:26 pm 

Domakus said it was okay; I asked him right away when I saw that Max was in the ISDF Scout. This issue was not in the rules, so it was not against the rules. From now on, everyone needs to start as their race's default starting unit.

I would also say that the referee should be on Max's team for the rest of his time in the tournament. People have said that every game he's played has been a little quirky.

PostPosted: September 30th, 2012, 2:31 pm 

I think he should not be allowed to compete in any further tournaments, for reasons of the obvious. He is trying to find any thing he possibly can "that is not in the rules" and use it against his opponet, then when he is called out on it he uses that defense "it is not in the rules"... when it is obvious that it is not something allowed even if it wasnt in the rules.. again on the stating the obvious....

PostPosted: September 30th, 2012, 3:22 pm 

Just add every little obvious thing to the rules, problem solved.

PostPosted: September 30th, 2012, 3:49 pm 

did he bail immediately or did he fly around super fast naving every pool and point of interest while undetectable then bail while dom is facing the other way to attack him or what?

little fucking slavic prick always seems to pull some underhanded shit. gj on beating dom though, you little shit.

PostPosted: September 30th, 2012, 3:59 pm 

I heard a ship explode, then I turned to look and saw an ISDF Scout in the air. He didn't get any shots off on Domakus before Domakus saw him because when he bailed the camera pod he flew up out of range. It's probable that the idea was to get a sneaky hit on Domakus, but there is no way to know what his intention was.

PostPosted: September 30th, 2012, 5:50 pm 

I've updated the rules list. We will update it as we go if there are any issues. Ref's PLEASE this is where you come into play. IF things like this do happen, do not be afraid to step in as it is your JOB. This is why we have REF's to begin with, to prevent things like this.

I have also updated the bracket and allowed Max the win as it seems to be the consensus amongst the ref's although i personally would call for a rematch, but we will use this match as a reference for future matches.

PostPosted: September 30th, 2012, 6:26 pm 
Admin

No problems here.

Gotta be handy with the chains if you know what I mean.
Earn your keep.

PostPosted: September 30th, 2012, 7:57 pm 

seems like the general idea of scumbags is to assume if its not mentioned it's not a rule, soon i bet max will be putting archers past the edgepath or going inside overseers or hovering recs, etc

PostPosted: September 30th, 2012, 8:29 pm 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-GHIATxU-Y MAX vs Dom game

PostPosted: October 1st, 2012, 3:09 am 

{bac}Zero Angel wrote:

Competitors will not be able to start as camera pods -- under any circumstances. Further unsportsmanlike conduct by MAX should result in his permanent disqualification from the tournament.

No way man, I also think this is totally messed up, but he asked F1 and Dom for their agreement BEFORE the game. F1 was ref this game, he decided it.

There hasn't been a rule for this -- disqualification is not possible in my eyes.

thats my nick when i type with my dick."
-DubbZ

PostPosted: October 1st, 2012, 4:06 am 
Admin

If it was agreed before the players launched into the world, then there is no fault in this case. To avoid future confusion though, players must still start out as their race's default starting ship (Default ISDF, Default Scion, Default Hadean).

Gotta be handy with the chains if you know what I mean.
Earn your keep.

PostPosted: October 1st, 2012, 7:10 am 

all in all it was a GG. He beat me.

To clarify things though. I never agreed to him being camera pod I agreed to him being an isdf scout because I thought it was a bug. At the start of the fight it was weird that I never saw him on the field and even more weird that he appeared directly behind me. Had I known camera pods did that I would have restarted.

As I fight through the loser ranks im sure I will play him again and maybe we can then have a total legit game.

On the positive side of things though. At least now we are getting closer to un exploitable rules :P

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 16  Next