All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: First two scavs...
PostPosted: June 6th, 2012, 12:11 pm 

//missunderstanding

Sly is anways lil too arrogant :-P

& next time... please quote. 8-[

thats my nick when i type with my dick."
-DubbZ

Last edited by Cyber on June 7th, 2012, 6:47 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: June 6th, 2012, 12:26 pm 

Well, you are definitely correct about the whole English thing man, because I'm not now, nor was I ever referring to you in this topic....

simple English: The posts are not written for YOU. I don't understand why people always think they are at the center of every conversation...

PostPosted: June 6th, 2012, 12:45 pm 

big fat missunderstading.

//sorry

-DubbZ

Last edited by Cyber on June 7th, 2012, 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: June 6th, 2012, 2:10 pm 

holy shit cyber you sound just like redspot

PostPosted: June 6th, 2012, 5:47 pm 

Um... Cyber, what are you talking about?

Mortarion, if you and Purplehaze are not first picks and I mentioned a theoretical first-pick thug, then I did not focus that statement to you. I didn't focus it at any indivual person, I'm just stating problems related to the topic that I am seeing in strats.

Red_Spot, please play more strats.

PostPosted: June 6th, 2012, 5:51 pm 

You started your post with "Sly"....

Again dude...I did not say anything about YOU...Jeez....downs

Post subject: Re: First two scavs...
PostPosted: June 6th, 2012, 5:55 pm 
Admin

Here's the source post where the tangent started
^SEK^Cyber wrote:
Sly wrote:
You obviously do not have much strat experience if you believe in teaching people in bz2. This game isn't about fighting with 2-3 people on your team every game until you know them in and out, and they know you. That isn't going to happen. Period. You can be my twin brother, who plays in perfect union with me. But guess what? You lose the number pick, and he is now fighting against you. What you will get, are many varying individuals with whom you must fight with each and every game. I've seen many vets rise and then leave this game. Those who have the smarts, they rise quickly. Those who don't; well, there isn't much hope in the strategical terms we are speaking of. Doc, for instance, has been a pool hitter for over 6 years now. It's where his skill level is at. Does he astound me with some amazing feats every now and then? Yes! However, for the most part, he in incapable of anything other than his pre-destined role.

This argument is completely useless, because you can't, and never will understand the types of situations Zero Angel and I are thinking of when we type these statements, because you do not possess the strat playing prowess which is developed by individuals who truly understand this game. It's an understanding that you may think you possess because of your past experiences/mpi games, but trust me on this, you don't even come close, and that's not trying to be insulting, it's just the plain and simple truth.

p.s. I don't know why modders tend to believe that Strat players play strats like they are DM's. Must SMASH must get win!! Almost every A-S rank commander in this game possesses a high IQ. You go up against one of them, with the FPS aspect completely taken out, playing with only comm bunk view in bz2, and they will still completely pulverize you in terms of strategy. You completely misunderstood me when I spoke of the weak-minded thugs who tend to inhabit vet strats. However, as I said before, it's useless to try and explain something which is beyond your scope of understanding.

Sly I can't believe you are so f*cking arrogant.
You have no idea and you can't estimate HOW good my strategic thinking is. You may have a big advantage in expressing yourself in english, but thats actually all you are really better in. I beated enough people to know that I'm good enough to talk here about battlezone 2 strategy's, also I have nothing to prove to you. Thats all I wanted to say to you.
Ah - And yes, it was of course trying to be insulting.
Really man.. nothing to do - or why trying to provoke me?

A misunderstanding, Cyber. Sly was addressing Red Spot -- not you.

Gotta be handy with the chains if you know what I mean.
Earn your keep.

PostPosted: June 7th, 2012, 6:42 am 

Wow, mindf*ck. #-o

I am very sorry Sly, really. Very sorry. I am ashamed. I will shut the f*uck up by now and read the post twice, before I go offensive against anyone, sorry man.

Mortarion, I guess its the west-european region (Red Spot - Netherland, me - Germany) the weather here is going crazy^^

Red Spot, you really should start playing ST's to get some experience, just do it, I bet the people will welcome you.

-DubbZ

PostPosted: June 30th, 2012, 5:06 am 

Yes I do at times still read what is going on here... (sad,... I know)

I do think that it is possible for players to grow together and I emphasize that it IS possible to teach players how to play this game. I think you still remember countless hours of training and strat we had together Sly - and I also think that it helped your improve your skills quite a bit.

In my opinion the reason that some player have been pool-hitter for 6 years lies in 2 things:

1. Lack of ambition
2. Lack of good tutoring

Even tough that is arrogant I see myself as one of the best if not the best bz 2 tutor this game has had. The key to getting good is training - repeating standard and non-standard situations in the game with some1 who can give you feedback of what you did was good or not. That at least is the fastest way to get good (and that takes a looong time...) - if you are on your own you will have to do the repetitive playing on your own - 10 games a night (for an extended period of time - ha-ha...), all of them cmded and analyzing each game to certain amount. (i.e. he collected my thug's lose coz he outthugged me -> maybe i shouldn't send my thugs to the middle when i'm being outthugged so at least i'll get my own thug-scrap)

Also I have to comment this:

Quote:
When I first started playing ZST in 1.2, almost every player in a 4 v 4 was a commander. There was very little talking throughout the entire game because each thug knew exactly what had to happen in order to win. Communication is important, but it should not consist of, "we need more pools," and "stick." Those things happen naturally when the thugs know what the commander needs at a given time, and understand that the commander's tactics might differ from the norm. You will notice that many of the old commanders in the game don't say much at all while playing (Stalker is a great example). They played and "grew up" in a time where they didn't have to say much in order to be successful.

Whoever knows me, knows that this is plain wrong. I stomped the likes of Stalker back in the day because I was giving out clear orders. The only players that didn't need 'clear' orders but merely an overview of the team's strategy were GELer and a few outstanding individuals.

Also not everyone was a cmder...

I do not know what the game looks like now since I haven't been online for quite a while, but I think the most important thing of keeping it alive is PLAYING it and not sitting in the lobby waiting to balance the teams - in a 15 player game noone should give a f'ck about how balanced the teams are when you cant get the game in for 2 hours. Right now it shouldn't be about winning or losing but about playing it.

hf

PostPosted: June 30th, 2012, 8:19 am 

!guana wrote:

Trouble is, you won't get good tutoring now. I'd actually thoroughly enjoy playing strat and entering the competitive side of the game, but that won't happen because I'll end up being trolled to shit by arrogant kids, or not experienced enough to play with the older generation who actually know what the fuck they're doing.

It's not possible to bring new people to the game unless either a), the older generation of players like yourself are prepared to take complete newbs under your wing for a while, at least so they can hold their own in low-moderate level games, or b) if the low-moderate players calm their arrogance the fuck down.

PostPosted: June 30th, 2012, 8:28 am 

I command probably 95% of the games I play, and tbh I dont mind getting "backseated" A LITTLE BIT, because I am not a great commander but im pretty decent. I dont mind getting advice on something I could do better. I agree with F1 though, it does get rather old having the players who have never commanded telling the commander what to do or yelling and talking down at the commander instead of helping them out. From experience 99% of the time what they suggested is way wrong and the talking down just stresses the commander more.

I do wish more common sence was there, I mean idk how dumb one has to be to know if it is a 2v2 and your base is being hit by 4 rkt tanks and blast ass tanks backed up by sabres you may need to get into your own sabre and help the commander...*cough cough*..TKO, not sit on the sidelines and try to snipe. Although I countered the attack and they failed, still having thugs to back you up would be nice. Sly is correct in saying never trust your thugs.

Gotta love the "putty thugs" Oh thats needs to be added to our vocab words!

PostPosted: June 30th, 2012, 12:57 pm 

!guana wrote:
Whoever knows me, knows that this is plain wrong. I stomped the likes of Stalker back in the day because I was giving out clear orders. The only players that didn't need 'clear' orders but merely an overview of the team's strategy were GELer and a few outstanding individuals.

Also not everyone was a cmder...

I do not know what the game looks like now since I haven't been online for quite a while, but I think the most important thing of keeping it alive is PLAYING it and not sitting in the lobby waiting to balance the teams - in a 15 player game noone should give a f'ck about how balanced the teams are when you cant get the game in for 2 hours. Right now it shouldn't be about winning or losing but about playing it.

hf

I believe Stalker beat you in the past because you were eating a banana. Clear communication is not possible with so much dick-shaped fruit in your mouth.

Also, how can you say that all we need to do is play the game when I haven't seen you in the game for a couple of months?

Why are you beating up on me so much bb? :(

luv u :)