BATTLEZONE COMMUNITY FORUMS

Battlezone I & II Download, Gaming & Development
It is currently December 13th, 2017, 12:42 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: November 26th, 2011, 5:19 am 

I recently posted a tutorial on how to monkey around with stock ODF files to get Stock BZII units to behave like other BZII units. I modified the stock APC ODF file to get it to behave like a Sabre Tank yet still preserved the ooriginal's APC behavior. Here's the link on BZCommand showing the steps needed to change how agreesive the ISDF APC can become with a little ODF magic. How to tweak BZII ODF files to make stock units do new cool things. I suspect that many BZII units can have their stock operational characterics enhanced with a little Notepad editng. The featured APC tutorial can also be modified as well to give both the player and the enemy AI a pretty agressive APC that can actually defend itself as well as attack passing enemy targets with typical Sabre type weapons and still do rocketeer attacks as usual. By default the APC is pretty useless as it has light armor and won't usually defend itself unless the rocketeers are already deployed. The variant(s) I made in 2 versions. The player variant has the AI name TankFriend entry over the ACPProcess entry so it behaves like a Sabre, and the AI version has the APCProcess entry over the TankFriend entry. The player version will auto attack enemies when targets come within it's enage range. First it will deploy it's soldiers then use the secondary weapon to assist the soldiers destroy the target. My variants have a few tweaks like heavy armor, a cannon, 2 guns, a mortar, and a special called the Red Field to twart radar looking missiles. Key to getting it to work is adding a weapons mask as by default it has none. Happy editng and post if you discover something new to add to the tread.

FYI: The editing of the odf should work with most weapons masks I've used the Tank and Rocket masks you just need to remember to add or change the approriate hard point entries on you custom APC model in your modeling software or Notepad if you do things this way.