BATTLEZONE COMMUNITY FORUMS

Battlezone I & II Download, Gaming & Development
It is currently December 13th, 2017, 10:26 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: February 26th, 2006, 4:13 am 

Post in here screenies of what you consider to be the best base layout.

1. A screenie of your base with only power+fac+arm+bay built.
2. A screenie of your base with all above + another power+tech+relay+1 gt (optional).

so... basicly;
1. Show what you build with 1 power
2) show what you build with 2 powers.

Show how you position your buildings and defense. Explain why in short.

... this is just for fun, and those who want to learn better base layouts. Also good to have a thread like this to point out whenever someone wants to better his/her commanding skills by adopting some neat base layouts.

*tip* to quickly create a base without actually getting loose and pools, is to start the editor "bzone.exe /edit quarry.bzn" and just place your buildings.

Last edited by appel on March 30th, 2006, 12:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 26th, 2006, 5:23 pm 

Heres wut goes on when i have 1 power. I usually Take a chance with my bay, and leave it open for a second because as you can see....
Now the gt is guarding the bay and secondary primarily.
The rats have been marked red, becuase bz2 messes up the textures wenever i alt-tab.

Uhm Yeah. all the rats are withing 120 meters of themselves or the buldings there deffending. This is what my base usually looks like on quarry.
The tech is usually ther or a gt is around that area or near the front if tension is high. I will not say why my rats are positioned the way they are. any smrat person can just look and figure that out. This imo is perfection. If i upgrade, a gt is up front in the right of my rec, deffending it from hoverers. i hate upgrading for the mere fact that it becomes a major target. and once u lose it, its hard to bounce back. Because u are used to 10 second -20 scrap. in a 2 v 2 or less, there are less rats, for obvious reasons. in a 4 v4 this is wut my base looks like at this point a next power is dedicated to gt's, and a final power is dedicated to bomber and a gt. Theres my base.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 26th, 2006, 5:27 pm 

Commanding is sumthing that you need to able to adapt easily to. My base layout HAS altered at times. But that was usually because i was pressured. In a medium tension game, or lower i follow this format, on a map such as hilo. It does not matter how much pressure you have, because space is so limited. If you want a bomber u need to conserve space, i still need help witht aht map, imo it is my biggest challenge, mostly because i cant decide where to put my first power. Tech is also a big question mark when the time comes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 27th, 2006, 2:39 am 

Haven't got time to read ur post but b4 I go out I just wanna make 1 comment... I think you should think about putting ur bay close to ur rec so that if ur team are cumin bac low they can see easily if pods are there and choose quickly between the 2 or if they are sitting on bay waiting to heal they will see the pod building and get it BUT lookin at ur base layout I would say u couldnt tell without leaving the bay if a pod has now been built !!!

Gunna read ur post wen I get bac from work...

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 27th, 2006, 4:18 am 

id like to post mine but dunno how to post a screenie[/list][/list][/quote]

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 27th, 2006, 6:21 am 

put in as a normal img use the image tags from the options...

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 27th, 2006, 11:02 am 

I never considered that, but i cant explain it but i feel like it benefits MY BASE more that way. I usully always have pods on deck though, except in beginning when im pumping scavs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 28th, 2006, 8:46 am 

Here's what I sometimes do:

- I always place the rats so they cover my rec, front and back.
- Bay close to rec for incoming ships...if they see a pod buildling they can get it in a short time.
- A pilot waiting for a ship doesnt have to jump far to get into a newly built tank if he was waiting for a scout... factory output and rec output area basicly the same.
- This base layout provides *inward* defense, as bay and factory can be killed by chain scouts.
- 2 rats could suffice; 1 behind rec, and 1 directly in front of rec so it covers both pockets.
- Easy for scavs to go directly out as front is relatively open.
- Armory close to bay and rec/fac build points.
- Rats not too distant to each other, always 1 rat cover another.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 28th, 2006, 9:20 am 

With that layout fac and bay are easily rushed. Ofcource running back to base after this is impossible. But the base isnt ever totally secure unless you add more turrets. Yellow circles beeing weakspots.

Hard Rock Hallelujah!

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 28th, 2006, 9:51 am 

No base is absolutely free of any *holes* ... I just add defense as-needed, but my primary building is the recycler, and that's the only thing I'm going to defend...everything else is just extra :)
If my fac or bay would get hit, I'd build an extra rat to cover blind spots, but in many cases it's not neccessery.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 28th, 2006, 10:24 am 

Yeah thats why my layout is wut it is,, it has no open spots, the only thing that could rape my base is a tank/bomber.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 28th, 2006, 10:54 am 

bac Shadowfox wrote:
Yeah thats why my layout is wut it is,, it has no open spots, the only thing that could rape my base is a tank/bomber.

Rats in open areas are prone to get attacked first, if u look at the rats in your base layout it is enough to kill only 1 of the turret in the back or front, and your whole base is vulnarble.

Obvious defense, obviously gets killed first. You have to place it so it's uncomfortable to kill. Don't place it boldly in front of your whole base like it's there for display.

Here are two examples; first shows you a doomed GT, second shows you a useful GT with strong survival chance.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next