BATTLEZONE COMMUNITY FORUMS

Battlezone I & II Download, Gaming & Development
It is currently December 13th, 2017, 12:31 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Mods
PostPosted: November 22nd, 2017, 12:37 pm 

What mods should one have. I'm not sure if I need them or not. I have looked at the remodel one but it's from awhile back.
Any help would be very appreciative.
Thank you

Post subject: Re: Mods
PostPosted: November 22nd, 2017, 1:50 pm 

Hello :)

The currently most-played mod (and the most important one to have) is VSR (Vet Strat Recycler), which is a mod/Recycler Variant that allows for more balance between in-game factions and more precise maneuverability with vehicles that many experienced players find appealing. Most active players are using this mod because most of the active players are veterans who have been playing for a long time. Returning players from a long time ago REALLY appreciate the physics tweaks because they closely resemble the "feel" of the physics from older Battlezone II patches. I don't know who you are, but if you are a returning player, it's pretty much a must-have! See our forum on VSR Development for more information.

VSR also adds a race from another popular mod, Forgotten Enemies (The Hadean race). Forgotten Enemies was an extremely popular community project mod several years ago that was essentially an expansion to Battlezone II. I would make sure that you get your hands on Forgotten Enemies as well, but, from what I hear, the 1.3 (most recent) version of that mod is seemingly incomplete or really, really challenging. It's "glory days" were in the 1.2 patch.

In summary, for the time being, VSR is a necessity if you are playing online! Forgotten Enemies would be great to have if you are into the single-player campaign.

Hope this helps :)

PostPosted: November 23rd, 2017, 7:38 pm 

Download this file: http://files.kebbz.com/bz2new.zip (put it in your Games Folder)

After that is done, download this file: http://matesfamily.org/bz2/BZ2_v1.3.7.2_PublicBeta.zip

After, download this file and run the installer. It will do the rest for you: http://www.mediafire.com/file/lg44694rd ... -setup.exe

Very straightforward and easy to do. Look forward to seeing you in games, OP!

PostPosted: November 23rd, 2017, 7:54 pm 

He's already got all of that, Blade. He even has Teamspeak and has been on a few times.

PostPosted: November 27th, 2017, 11:35 am 

Thanks for the help guys. Yea I have teamspeak but man I suck now days. Also my controller moves by itself only game it happens on

PostPosted: November 28th, 2017, 1:09 pm 

Harconan wrote:
Thanks for the help guys. Yea I have teamspeak but man I suck now days. Also my controller moves by itself only game it happens on

You play BZ2 with a controller?