BATTLEZONE COMMUNITY FORUMS

Battlezone I & II Download, Gaming & Development
It is currently September 19th, 2017, 11:45 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Extractor King game
PostPosted: March 20th, 2017, 6:06 am 

Lately in a team MPI match against few AI - a game interrupted by a sudden connection loss - there was an interesting battle for a scrap pool on a hill I took part in. Multiple Scavengers of all the sides were heading towards the scrap pool, while the team of players countered approaching enemy fighters who tried to enforce their Extractor to the position, with player team trying exactly the same on their part. Lots of dogfighting among plenty of Scavengers swarming around, with priority target being the one who by some miracle managed to obtain the position on top, turning into an Extractor.

What I thought is that there could be a teambased King of the Hill game, with each side having certain larger amount of Scavengers. The winner of the game is the team that claimed with their Extractors all - even if all means one - a majority or at least a fixed number out of transparently available scrap pools amount featured on the map, probably perhaps with keeping them up for minimum required time, though that condition could probably block any practical winning possibility. The game could alternatively work supported with points system, where each succesfully deployed Extractor is worth one point, while keeping extracting for thirty seconds at least is worth five points each time cycle per Extractor.

In case all Scavengers were cleared from the map, the game ends.

Post subject: Re: Extractor King game
PostPosted: March 20th, 2017, 6:33 am 

Basically like in politics, each party trying to put own candidate on an influential chair.

Something I disregard in personal life and hardly imagine as a lifestyle or mentality to be part of.

Games.

Post subject: Re: Extractor King game
PostPosted: March 20th, 2017, 6:59 am 

This is also the scenario in which I see slamming and pushing other vehicle - namely the Scavenger about to deploy - to be an advantageous maneuver, even above firing.