BATTLEZONE COMMUNITY FORUMS

Battlezone I & II Download, Gaming & Development
It is currently May 29th, 2017, 12:53 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Videocard recognition
PostPosted: February 25th, 2017, 10:53 pm 

On my computer I have Intel HD 620 graphic card, along with Radeon R7. Far from monster performace, but capable in the extent I originally want it to be, that is, computational priorities. The case is, Battlezone 2 recognizes only the Intel HD 620, at least is says so. I manually added the game to the Radeon control panel and launched from there, still the same. Maybe the game says Intel HD 620 but takes Radeon under that title? I play singleplayer with graphical settings set to high, 20-30 FPS efficiency, depending on the complexity of environment. In case I wanted to visit multiplayer, I would let go of some graphics. Any idea on how to make it see Radeon in case it does not?

PostPosted: February 26th, 2017, 2:36 am 

Are all of your video drivers updated?

PostPosted: February 26th, 2017, 2:52 am 

Yes, the latest versions of the drivers are downloaded from the site of the laptop producer, as their support center said it is the best source to get the most efficient softwere for the machine.

PostPosted: February 26th, 2017, 9:03 am 
Admin

If you use a dedicated graphics card, why not just disable onboard video via motherboard bios? That would resolve your problem.

PostPosted: February 26th, 2017, 9:18 am 

I used to disable Radeon for the sake of playing Antichamber, since Antichamber was incompatible with Radeon as I have learned. Did this through Windows hardwere control panel. But will check BIOS for the other one, nevertheless Windows reacted negatively once I tried it in the same manner as having disabled Radeon.

PostPosted: February 27th, 2017, 2:26 am 

Darkon wrote:
I used to disable Radeon for the sake of playing Antichamber, since Antichamber was incompatible with Radeon as I have learned. Did this through Windows hardwere control panel. But will check BIOS for the other one, nevertheless Windows reacted negatively once I tried it in the same manner as having disabled Radeon.

Check if new BIO's is available as well.

PostPosted: February 27th, 2017, 2:32 am 

Yes, got the latest BIOS version also for the machine. Dunno, possibly it will have to do as it is now, I guess, since the Windows bases on HD 620 and turning it down is hardly any good. Maybe it is DirectX thing, since I remember launching one game with certain DirectX presets did use HD620 rather than Radeon.

PostPosted: February 27th, 2017, 5:27 am 

Contacted the computer producers support center and what I was informed regarding the graphic units is that it works the way Radeon will be put to work only when GPU requirements grow heavier. Therefore initially HD620 is only featured. Which means Radeon should be working when I play the game, at least hopefully, if the drivers are proper.