BATTLEZONE COMMUNITY FORUMS

Battlezone I & II Download, Gaming & Development
It is currently March 24th, 2017, 1:48 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: February 24th, 2017, 10:23 am 

Hello people,

I am new to Battlezone 2, heard much good about the game, played 98 Redux a bit and would like to check out the sequel also. I have a possibility to buy the game on a CD for as much as a pack of chewing gums. Maybe it is possible to download it in full quality for free, though unsure what are the legal terms currently, since Rebellion company has taken over the licence? Anyway, I have a Windows 10 64-bit system, what patches do I need and which ones are recommended to make the game go and have the best of it, without tweaking it to the level of betatesting unstable solutions?

Thanks for the support, best wishes

PostPosted: February 24th, 2017, 1:19 pm 

BZ2 Clean Install: http://kebbz.webfactional.com/files/bz2new.zip

Latest BZ2 Patch: http://matesfamily.org/bz2/BZ2_v1.3.7.2_PublicBeta.zip

VSR 6: http://www.mediafire.com/file/lg44694rd ... -setup.exe

Download and install in that order and also join the Teamspeak channel @ ts3.kebbz.com to find out when games are up.

PostPosted: February 24th, 2017, 2:13 pm 

Downloaded, will do the filesdigging sometime later. Also bought the CD, just for the clear consience, so that I can consider the downloadable version a backup one. Also better for the Windows registry, I believe, if the formal installation part is omitted. Anyway, searching the web I found also mods such as Battlezone 2 HD and Battlezone 2 Remodelled. Any word on these? Also, any worthy singleplayer extensions, as well as mandatory MPI or other multiplayer maps?

PostPosted: February 24th, 2017, 8:29 pm 

If you wish to play Strats and are competitive then play VSR. The links above are for strategy gameplay. VSR attempts to restore 1.2 patch physics to the 1.3 patch as much as possible and deals with balance changes. This is where you'll find most of the players. If you wish to download other mods then you are free to do so but you should prolly have different installs for other mods and keep the VSR seperate. You can try bzscrap.org for those. Good single player mod is FE (Forgotten Enemies). There are others on here that know more about that.

PostPosted: February 25th, 2017, 1:06 am 

It works, thanks.

PostPosted: February 26th, 2017, 2:40 pm 
Admin

Also if you are new, disable auto-level option in settings. It will allow you much better handling of your ship!
Also make sure vsync and triple buffer are OFF, unless you like input lag. :)

PostPosted: February 27th, 2017, 12:10 am 

Ship autolevelling disabled by default and I know from the 1998 version that many advanced players want to have it turned off - shooting vehicles beneath in some cases is available them, as well as doing barrelroll stunts in the air - but with the VSYNC and triple buffer, thanks for the tip.

Checking the MODDB contents for Battlezone 2, I found something like Battlezone Total Command. Looks interesting if someone values the beyond gameplay qualities of the original from 1998, such as narrative, environment, ambience and so on. What is the progress with this one?