BATTLEZONE COMMUNITY FORUMS

Battlezone I & II Download, Gaming & Development
It is currently January 21st, 2018, 4:29 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT
PostPosted: December 22nd, 2017, 2:31 am 

PostPosted: December 23rd, 2017, 12:44 am 

I'm sorry scorpion but if you want to play games again you're going to have to get a mic we can understand you clearly on.

PostPosted: December 23rd, 2017, 12:50 am 

It's all good. I'm fine with just being a modder anyways. I don't even enjoy playing this game anymore, there always has to be some bs. I'm having way more fun working on my Retaliation mod than playing strats. The best strats I have played are only slightly better than a Retaliation MPI. Besides Redux is right around the corner. So whatever "decision" you guys make for me won't really matter.

We all know what's gonna happen anyways. I own everyone in df as usual, I might or might not be somewhere at an important time of the game, and my teammates may or may not assist me in fights, kill scavengers, finish off low hp crucial structures which thugs do 5% of the time if you're lucky, and that's if you're SPAMMING the chatbox up. Every game is just so predictable for me. I might have cared if you did this a few months ago. But not now after having played actively for a while. I need a break anyways.

Although I warn you, the zone will go dead very quickly if you get rid of me for too long. I work hard to get people to play this game, message people, poke people, I wait long hours for a game and I have for almost half a year now. Not to mention VSR would not exist if not for me. You should thank me that you can still hover in your ISDF Scout today. I basically resurrected the zone, Redux might not even have been a thing if not for my efforts. I shall point out that you have displayed behavior of quite ungrateful caliber. Yes I'm a big masochist and have a complex with getting pleasure from bad treatment but not to the point of not being able to play this game anymore.

My attack on TS was not without reason. You would not stop removing my bz2 server groups, which makes it so I can't talk or poke or even move to other channels. I was also unjustly banned from dd's server with no warning, all I did was ragequit a 2v2 which I was gonna rejoin but I couldn't. No one bothered to get him to unban me or host another. Worst of all you woke me up from a nap poking me constantly, ordered me to command when I didn't want to because I DESPISE having command and then you do that. This infuriated me. Try seeing it from my perspective. I just woke up, I'm groggy as hell, I'm forced to command a stupid 2v2 with me and kebbz vs Snake and dd, kebbz immediately rushes to mid and dies in 2v1 while I'm naving 300m away, then they proceed to kill my 1st scav, I see this, bail my scout, and /leave. Couldn't really be bothered to deal with that at that point in time. That one little ragequit started this whole thing. Because you guys get triggered too easily. How many times has the exact same scenario happened with someone like Rush? You don't see him getting banned from every game for doing that do you?

The reason I spammed you for so long is because you would not let me play, and that was the ONLY TIME I would harrass ts, is when I would not be allowed to play. Not including when the game is full and not even when they kick me out for a better player. I needed my daily dose of bz2 man, it's really a basic need for me at this point. Why everyone else gets to have fun but not me? Other people do things like that all the time, leave in middle of game, rush rec, exploit cheap tactics, talk eachother down but when I do it I get banned? Again I ask you, WHAT'S THE POINT of banning people when the community consists of an active playerbase of 15-20 players max? I would understand if it was redux, but here, if I get banned from your game, I can't play this game at all. You don't ever think about that do you? Not to mention you will have less players to play with, which can lead to lack of commanders, sitting in lobby, afkers, and other players going "no game here" and leaving. It's not like I'm super detrimental to the game in the big picture anyways, sure I will get pissed off at something stupid once in a while and bail a scout or leave the game but most of the time I behave. It's just that when you guys get TRIGGERED you make it seem like I do that stuff EVERY GAME. In reality I try to be nice as possible. I approach you guys with subservience, never aggression, I always ask permission before I do something and when I want something. When someone calls me an idiot I say nothing back. I never bad mouth anyone anymore. Yet I'm made out to be the devil in this game, and when I do one little thing you get triggered and kick me out.

Anyways if I don't see people only playing Retaliation back here when Redux comes out I will be very upset.

Rush, I'm using a different one now until I get my studio quality one next month, I don't know if you heard it properly but it's much better and clearer than the last one.

Last edited by Scorpion on January 5th, 2018, 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: December 23rd, 2017, 7:46 am 

80% of your post is pure insanity.

If you really think you weren't that bad then maybe you should consider why everyone has banned you and doesn't want you in there games. Because if you had only ruined 1 or 2 games or pissed 1 or 2 people off you wouldn't be BANNED.

You have been ruining games for 10+ years

PostPosted: December 23rd, 2017, 9:04 am 

As far as vet strats are concerned, you are done Scorp. Even in Redux, you are done Scorp. We have resolve. This time, we will make sure that you cannot play. HF in your redux MPIs though :)

Was the 1.2 vet community at fault for this game's overall decline? I argue no. They kicked out lunatics and the mentally-handicapped, which led to much more high-quality games. We need to go back to this style - we've gotten rid of the lunatics, now we just need to set an IQ-cap on strats.

PostPosted: December 23rd, 2017, 9:19 am 

Out of sympathy I was going to let Scorp ONLY play in my games. But based off of his post, I guess he doesn't want to play any more. Fair enough Scorp, I admire your resolve.

PostPosted: December 23rd, 2017, 11:58 am 

Dom don't be a scab and undermine the bz2 vet union's picket and indefinite ban on scorp. He is DONE.

PostPosted: December 23rd, 2017, 12:08 pm 

I believe in Scorp! But sadly his last post has shown me he truly doesn't want to play again.

PostPosted: December 23rd, 2017, 5:42 pm 

I do want to play again, just pointing out that I would be fine with not playing strats anymore if that was the case. I would prefer being able to but you know whatever. Know what I'm saying?

Sly wrote:
Was the 1.2 vet community at fault for this game's overall decline? I argue no. They kicked out lunatics and the mentally-handicapped, which led to much more high-quality games. We need to go back to this style - we've gotten rid of the lunatics, now we just need to set an IQ-cap on strats.

They also kicked out every potential strat player with "known nicks or leave please noob" like surely they had an unknown nick at some point in time as well? :) How do you become known if you cannot start off as unknown? Hence why today we are smarter and let players like zaxxxon play. I still get irked when I see people kicking people like him because even though their performance is not up to par they can learn and that's why we need to do what we can to help them do just that. We need those players for the future, and we need to be patient and let them learn. Teach them etc.

That is where the 1.2 vets FAILED. Yes you might have gotten better games, but as people moved on with their lives the playerbase suffocated, (this is where you needed the new players to step in, but too bad they never want to play in your games again and hate all of you for kicking and flaming them all the time. ;) ) leading to the inevitable demise of the 1.2 patch and when the 1.3 vets (mort, cobb) took over.

PostPosted: December 23rd, 2017, 10:37 pm 

I started from unknown, it was easier for me because I wasn't a complete spastic like yourself. I joined a clan and formed relationships with people on the sp forums so when I joined strats they vouched for me in games saying they knew me and at could provide some insight to my ability at the time (intermediate) so the cmders could pick based off that until they saw me play. Blayze and bloodthirsty would give me pointers and I'd get better each time because I was willing to take criticism. You are unable to do that.

Ps. Thanks for recognising the domination of elite 1.3 vets like Cobb and myself

PostPosted: December 23rd, 2017, 11:56 pm 

Scorp, PLEASE don't act like you know anything about 1.2 vet strats or the demise of BZ2. Battlezone 2 suffered a LOT from just a few players, you being one of them. In fact, you were the MAIN reason 1.2 completely died off at one point. You spent, what, 5 hours the other night sitting around in teamspeak moving teams around and annoying us with loud sounds. This is very similar to your behavior in 1.2, where you would LITERALLY spend the entire day refreshing BZ2 and AVing every game that went up. That was probably the first time 1.2 really went abandoned.

After about 9 months of no games, your mentally-handicapped ass finally left to god knows where, allowing the vets (now the only players left because you also AVed all MPIs into oblivion apparently) to start to try and rebuild.

Unfortunately, we wouldn't be able to rebuild for long as there was another idiot named mtc/bear who came on after the community had JUST gotten regular strats up again due to the efforts of people like Mad-Dog literally hosting games for 5-6 hours every night and just waiting for it to fill up. This retard also couldn't take dying in DMs, so he would also go on AVing sprees. Our community at that point was maybe 50% of what it used to be prior to your idiocy, so people were really tired of the BS and the vast majority left. Also during this point there were some other randos from france who would occasionally also AV because they would DEMAND you turned off VIR in DMs when they had shads; they didn't play a huge part in the demise though.

Once retard #2 had moved on, we AGAIN tried to rebuild some semblance of a community, getting active strats up occasionally on the weekends.

Unfortunately, this would not last either. The last nail in the coffin was actually due to Cloaket himself. He somehow managed to flood the entire server list with fake hosts, making the last few players who had come back just give up all hope of getting active games, myself included. The community at this point was maybe 10 players tops, so there was no way people were going to put up with another round. At least with Cloaket, he had an excuse as he was a dumb pre-teen (I was an even more cockier idiot than you Scorp with regards to thugging when I was still a teen in strats). However, he, unlike you, has done a LOT for the community since.

So there is a history lesson for you Scorp. I always find it funny how idiots who rarely (if ever) played vet strats blame vets for the demise of 1.2. The demise rather came about because BZ2 1.2 was severely broken, and allowed for people with literally no lives (you refreshing for 5-6 hours and AVing all games) to control whether or not people got to play. News flash for you retard, vet strats were the ONLY thing that kept BZ2 alive for over a decade. BZ2 was thriving before a FEW mentally-handicapped individuals got hold of the power of AVing.

Personally, BZ2 has played a BIG part in my life. If I looked back now and knew I did as much damage to it as you did, I would never show my face due to sheer disgrace.

PostPosted: December 24th, 2017, 12:25 am 

Scorpion wrote:
In reality I try to be nice as possible. I approach you guys with subservience, never aggression, I always ask permission before I do something and when I want something. When someone calls me an idiot I say nothing back. I never bad mouth anyone anymore. Yet I'm made out to be the devil in this game, and when I do one little thing you get triggered and kick me out.

Everything Sly said in that last post is true. I also want to add a little tid-bit as this happened before Sly and some others made their return. Tom and I returned to the zone 2 months or so prior to Sly coming back and at this time Appel was around and playing actively as well as a few others. 5v5 strats were happening frequently. Mr Scorp was DIRECTLY responsible for Appel quiting the game within a month of coming back from a 6-7 year layoff. Where is Appel now? hmmm. Scorp would constantly shit talk appel in strats because he was rusty, calling him bad and weak and how Appel in his prime is nothing compared to Scorp in his prime and all that jazz. It wasn't only Appel either, mase stopped playing too because of you Scorp. Even though you can't AV in 1.3 you still find a way to alienate yourself and others from this game.

Have fun playing MPIs in redux Scorp for you will STILL not be allowed into Vet Strats when the redux comes out. I urge everyone to put this decree as your avatar on TS. When scorp tries to make his case on TS; link him to the decree and BAN him. You will not change scorp. We have been through this before. 16th chance was the very last chance. No more chances scorp. Its OVER for you.