BATTLEZONE COMMUNITY FORUMS

Battlezone I & II Download, Gaming & Development
It is currently November 19th, 2017, 6:07 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: November 11th, 2017, 7:05 pm 

Its neither one or the other dude lol

If im in 1v1 as scion for example and struggle to get mid loose coz the opponent is a stronger dfer or w/e ill go for a quick 3 pools and wait 60 sec for an upg, done it before and can get 3 min upg either with loose or just waiting on yellow. If the opportunity presents itself though I'd go for 5 pools and all the mid loose???? Its situational not ideological brah

PostPosted: November 11th, 2017, 7:12 pm 

I see a lot of thugs completely ignoring pools and focusing only loose. Then when I pass them scavs they're like "See, I got you loose and stopped them! I know my shit man." while we're on 1 pool.

Don't pretend there isn't a huge overemphasis on the importance of loose. I think this comes from being able to beat noobs that don't know about it so easily with it. But everyone in this community knows about it by now so y'all need to drop your baby blanket and realize there are other things in this game.

Getting the economic edge by destroying more of their units that they spend a lot of scrap on than they do to you, hitting the same target, waiting for red/yellow scrap to go up fully before collecting, painting, winning big fights, keeping your opponent low on pools, teching up faster than your opponent, hitting the same target, being adaptable, always knowing what the best decision would be when, knowing how to aim, knowing how to snipe, knowing how to move, knowing how to throw your enemy off, keeping enemies with fulls/weps/tanks to a minimum, learning from your mistakes, knowing what you did wrong when, doing something useful at all times, knowing how to hover, knowing when to run, knowing when to stay, knowing when you can't escape and it's best to just do the damage you can, knowing how to manage units and how to get ai in best position to attack, not letting your units be idle and get mortared/shadded down, being quick on your feet and hyper reactive to what happens, hitting important targets, killing players that can aim so that there's a bigger chance of winning the big fight, not chasing players that are running up hill trying to create a diversion, not chasing players that you're not gonna be able to kill anyways, not dying all the time, knowing when to do what, spending your scrap wisely, defending base, hitting base etc etc etc.

If you get all the loose but don't have any of the other aspects of the game nailed down then you're spinning your wheels and will ultimately lose.

PostPosted: November 11th, 2017, 7:57 pm 

You are pretty good Scorp. I hear you managed to last an entire 5 minutes against Tom in a 1v1 once.

PostPosted: November 11th, 2017, 8:03 pm 

Sly wrote:
You are pretty good Scorp. I hear you managed to last an entire 5 minutes against Tom in a 1v1 once.

Yes, and lets not forget the time luci built rat with his starting loose and owned scorp within a minute.

PostPosted: November 11th, 2017, 8:07 pm 

One of bz2s greatest moments

PostPosted: November 11th, 2017, 8:13 pm 

Snake wrote:
Yes, and lets not forget the time luci built rat with his starting loose and owned scorp within a minute.

Sure. In 2013 when I was trash and had no idea how to play the game. Wow I'm impressed.

PostPosted: November 11th, 2017, 10:04 pm 

Scorpion wrote:

Don't pretend there isn't a huge overemphasis on the importance of loose.

Alright scorp stop collecting loose ingame. Only plant pools! I believe in you!

When you start losing to 5min blast tanks its obviously due to scrap cheating.

Sly wrote:
there have been countless great laser gimme gimmes in this game.

My favorite was Claw.

Guy would hover 2000m in air for like 5mins until bay was built.

PostPosted: November 11th, 2017, 11:29 pm 

Quote:
I laugh when I get full pool control due to Snake thinking loose is sooo important. I look to his base and sure he has upg, bay, arm, and a few rattlers, but I got tech coming and can get whole team in sabres super fast with 3-4 pools.

Quote:
I don't wanna play against Tom and Snake every game which I lose 8/10 times

You are flip-flopping quite a bit Scorp. Are you the greatest commander in bz2, or not?

PostPosted: November 12th, 2017, 2:22 am 

Sly wrote:
Ask anyone in the zone where they would rank you, and you won't even be in their top 10. Why? Because, there have been countless great laser gimme gimmes in this game.

Who else could take out 2-3 las fulls in a row all by himself and hit literally every single shot even a casual flick on a pilot? Not to mention removing every enemy sniper rifle. Kill their ship, move up, and kill their pilot dead on easily. You would hate playing against me, Sly. You're SHIVERING at the thought of coming back to the zone, where the great Scorpion reigns.

Also what I meant was Tom and Snake on the same team is too hard.

PostPosted: November 12th, 2017, 7:02 am 

Scorpion wrote:
Sure. In 2013 when I was trash and had no idea how to play the game. Wow I'm impressed.

14 years before he had any idea how to play... then it takes him four to become the best.

PostPosted: November 12th, 2017, 8:13 am 

Get ready to start crying yourself to sleep again Scorp ;)

PostPosted: November 12th, 2017, 10:13 am 

Greenguy just got rekt by ahadely

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next