BATTLEZONE COMMUNITY FORUMS

Battlezone I & II Download, Gaming & Development
It is currently November 24th, 2017, 1:10 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: November 10th, 2017, 1:55 am 

Really I do want to change, but you guys are not even giving me a chance here. You get angry when I suddenly demo rec, but you don't see the context (for instance: Zoe Bart taking Laser when I was just about to get it, me having to try getting his attention with "I need a ship!" shooting ground and typing "GIVE ME SHIP BART" so he can give me it. Then when he finally realizes what's going on he jumps out 50m from me and enemy sniper gets in it. I was spawn killing him with laser for the rest of the game after that.) and you don't realize it's a habit. I want to get into the habit of playing it out anyways. But it's hard when you vote ban me instantly as soon as I slip back to my old ways. Humans are creatures of habit, it takes great effort to change.

You say I ruin games. But you don't realize if I didn't take command those games we wouldn't be having them. We would be sitting in lobby for 2 hours with a player leaving every fifth minute.

Also you say I don't help my team and run on 75 HP. Well I'm VERY cautious about keeping my full because I don't want to have to spam "I need a ship!" to my teammates who are worse DFs than I am (everyone, but nah I still wouldn't ask someone like MAX or Snake for a full) shooting pulse at the ground to get their attention, spamming chat with "MR SCOUT!!! GIVE ME YOUR SHIP!!! GIVE. ME. FULL. MR SCOUT!!!!" and what not. The fact is, I'm always gonna be the most important player to keep in a full. When we are other races that ISDF I don't really care about fulls. But those FAF missiles are important, yo. Same goes for laser, tanks and what not. Btw when I run on green it's usually a fake run to get their focus off me, so as soon as they switch target I can sneak back and attack from their side and rape them instantly. But surely you can't understand such highly levels of intelligence.

You said I ignore loose and play strat like it's DM? Well I think people put too much emphasis on loose, most commanders spend their scrap on unimportant stuff anyways like empties, scavs, and turrets instead of teching up. Keeping people out of ships is important, so that when/if they get that loose they're just gonna have to spend it on ships anyway otherwise we will rape their base with no ships up. When there's 80 loose in mid, let me be at the front scaring them away. While mrScout and Tub stay in the back and hit the scav with someone like kebbz pushing it. If they run or there's no one to engage I will help kill the scav. But seeing as I can outdog everyone easily it makes sense for me to prioritize getting them out of ships not hitting the scavs. Let the fighters fight, and the pool hitters hit pools. Someone like MAX or Tom is always gonna be fighting more than someone like TKO or Juggs. Besides I will still fire at the scavs until they approach us, then I will confront them, then when they back off go back to killing the scav and repeat.

Also I don't cheat. Me, cobb, Tub, ZoE, and Dom confirmed it in a test game.

I feel you guys are just demonizing me and not letting my true personality and potential shine through. If you didn't have your blinders on you would see that I'm actually a good guy and that my ulterior motives are always positive.

PostPosted: November 10th, 2017, 12:33 pm 

Scorpion,you need to understand that sometimes its more important to shoot scavs and pools instead of chasing them(tom,snake or other players),because if you kill his scav we collect loose and + the loose that their scav gave us and plus we didn't let them to take that loose instead of us,so it makes double advantage. As you can saw in games with me, I often ignore fighting emptys,instead I just shoot scavs because a lot of times its more important. Also if your commander tells you to do something you need to do it without hesistation. dd and I won a lot of games without winning any DF just because of that. btw you need to realize that the worst thing you can do as a cmdr is to demo base,because believe me,many times you can get out of that situation and you win that game,just with some luck and with some team sticking and good teamwork,you can get out of everything. The other thing you do most is when you loose picking you just drop cmd and give up,man that's so irritating...,you should stop doing that always,you just don't want to play if you don't have better team yourself. If you are not host or commander in t1 or t2,then you should not talk about sorting teams ,choosing a map and telling to other players to play if they were supposed to sit,so if cmdrs decide to tell some1 to sit,or if cmdrs are sorting teams,you stay out of it. And yea btw stopping yelling around that you're the best player that irritates everyone,its stupid to do man. Just talk less and play more,and use your head while playing.

PostPosted: November 10th, 2017, 1:44 pm 

Okay but I said I won't chase anyone if I'm not gonna be able to kill them without getting into their base unless it's important, like they have a weapon or a full. Then I will come back and hit the scav immediately afterwards.

Also I give up because I don't wanna play against Tom and Snake every game which I lose 8/10 times. I don't drop the cmd I just say "gg" lol.

I understand that you want to use the picking system. But I think you should give my ideas a chance sometimes as I have a very good understanding of people's skill level in this game and what would make for a good balanced game. If we know who's gonna win before we even start then what's the point?

PostPosted: November 10th, 2017, 2:06 pm 

This post provided perfect reasoning as to why we need to keep Scrop banned.

PostPosted: November 10th, 2017, 2:25 pm 

Grow up scorp you're not 16 anymore buddy. You are supremely arrogant and out of touch.
Your own ideas in a game should clash with cmders as little as possible. It is OK to disagree with your cmder as some people are on different wave lengths, idk but i don't seem to be able to work well in 2v2s with snake as my cmder because we have a different style and when I'm asked to do something i think wtf snake this is autistic but I'll do it anyway out of mutual respect and place some faith in their judgement. If you think they've missed something critical then tell them, no one person can see the full picture. Everyone must pitch in, it is a TEAM game not a dm. Play more 1v1s and you will see parallels with strats for example the average noob hasn't got a clue where the first scav should be on quarry so they are unable to figure out where they should be to protect it. The avg noob doesn't realize that collecting that last bit of loose could get the first sabre out or your upg or spire or blink etc.
Right now you're the avg noob. You're a good dfer but you see the bigger picture about as well as luci or purplehaze or lil chains. You think you're the shit but you have much to learn mate, less ego more cooperation

PostPosted: November 10th, 2017, 4:54 pm 

Mortarion wrote:
Grow up scorp you're not 16 anymore buddy. You are supremely arrogant and out of touch.
Your own ideas in a game should clash with cmders as little as possible. It is OK to disagree with your cmder as some people are on different wave lengths, idk but i don't seem to be able to work well in 2v2s with snake as my cmder because we have a different style and when I'm asked to do something i think wtf snake this is autistic but I'll do it anyway out of mutual respect and place some faith in their judgement. If you think they've missed something critical then tell them, no one person can see the full picture. Everyone must pitch in, it is a TEAM game not a dm. Play more 1v1s and you will see parallels with strats for example the average noob hasn't got a clue where the first scav should be on quarry so they are unable to figure out where they should be to protect it. The avg noob doesn't realize that collecting that last bit of loose could get the first sabre out or your upg or spire or blink etc.
Right now you're the avg noob. You're a good dfer but you see the bigger picture about as well as luci or purplehaze or lil chains. You think you're the shit but you have much to learn mate, less ego more cooperation

This brought a tear to my eye :') are you back in the zone yet Mort?

PostPosted: November 10th, 2017, 6:33 pm 

Learn to listen to your commander, follow directions (no matter how stupid they might seem to you) and you might learn something that you can use in your own commanding.

Stop trying to defend yourself and your position. Learn to say "okay" and actually do as you are asked. No one can get angry at you if you follow their directions. ^#(^

PostPosted: November 10th, 2017, 6:37 pm 

Feared_1 wrote:
Learn to listen to your commander, follow directions (no matter how stupid they might seem to you) and you might learn something that you can use in your own commanding.

Stop trying to defend yourself and your position. Learn to say "okay" and actually do as you are asked. No one can get angry at you if you follow their directions. ^#(^

What the FUCK are you doing there with a full scout, ARE YOU BLIND?

PostPosted: November 11th, 2017, 1:46 am 

Who says I don't listen to my commander? So you're saying I should go lose my full to hit some scavs or aid teammates in fights and ultimately lose the game just because people say so? As if us keeping a few empties is more important than keeping me in a full.

Do you know that me in a full is equivalent to the average player in a blast tank?

Let me fucking run from fights if I think it's best. Most fights I can win anyway with the mind games, hovering, and good shooting. I can't take as many risks though. When I lose my full your team's overall DF level lowers drastically. I hate fighting in fucking mini empties, and I especially hate having to get everyone out of fulls by myself in one with 0 help. Even though I do succeed at that.

Honestly whatever the case I have been losing too many fucking fulls lately. I would blame it on having to cmd but I feel like I get sneaked too easily like when people come to aid enemy in a 1v1 fight when I notice them it's already too late. So I'm gonna start playing with headphones but the problem is I hate having those things on my face and I might not fight as well with them. I can't fucking win. -.-

Oh and my garbage computer doesn't support 3D audio so I can't really hear which direction enemy is coming from.

PostPosted: November 11th, 2017, 6:46 am 

Player Adaptation is the simple answer Scorp and incase you don't know i'll explain it.

From the games i've played with you and the constant boasting you do i've learned the following:

Scorp doesn't care about scav or loose protection.
Scorp will chase into enemy base and fight any one 1 on 1.

Simply put and as you stated...You play strats like DMs.

Naturally players who notice certain play styles will take note and adapt to it as stated by MAX in his post and im sure other players if not all know this as well. There has been games I've seen you fly pass 1 enemy scav collecting 80+ scrap(every game i say lol to you) just so you could get a fight or kill and even chase players back to their own base to get kills.

You brag and boast about being the best Dogfighter however you must have known the consequences of such boasting.

Players now know not to fight Scorp 1 on 1. So what do they do? They fight you 2 on 1 or 3 on 1. It's not that hard honestly especially since you like to run into enemy bases to get kills.

Players know Scorp don't shoot scavs. So what do they do? They fight you at the scav location until team mates come OR they run away from the loose knowing you won't come back to shoot it.

Only thing I could suggest is become a better team player when the situation needs it. start 3v1ing the enemy not getting 1v3ed

EDIT: Just read this hilarious statement:

Scorpion wrote:

You said I ignore loose and play strat like it's DM? Well I think people put too much emphasis on loose, most commanders spend their scrap on unimportant stuff anyways like empties, scavs, and turrets instead of teching up. Keeping people out of ships is important, so that when/if they get that loose they're just gonna have to spend it on ships anyway otherwise we will rape their base with no ships up. .

The problem is you think loose collection is only for your team. No, its also preventing the other team from collecting loose.
Why quicken your own demise by allowing the enemy to collect loose? So what if someone spends the loose on unimportant things. Its better than allowing the enemy team to spend it right?

Scorpion wrote:
Do you know that me in a full is equivalent to the average player in a blast tank?

Oh and my garbage computer doesn't support 3D audio so I can't really hear which direction enemy is coming from.

haha BB use to say stuff like that but his delivery was much better.

As for sound just use Radar and look around.

PostPosted: November 11th, 2017, 7:13 am 

See bro after all that keeping your full so you can fly around playing dm mode on mo-jave like lil chains is still your number 1 priority. You said it yourself, doesn't matter if your whole team dies as long as you live. You're a sad strange little man and you have my pity.

PostPosted: November 11th, 2017, 10:34 am 

Domakus wrote:
From the games i've played with you and the constant boasting you do i've learned the following:

Scorp doesn't care about scav or loose protection.
Scorp will chase into enemy base and fight any one 1 on 1.

You're judging me too quickly. Those "facts" are based on 1 game you played with me where I passed by your scav in mid collecting loose, which I didn't even see and nobody said anything about, and killed you in your last remaining full. As far as I recall I went back and hit that scav you were talking about with my team right after. It may have collected 10 or 20 scrap before we killed it.

Chasing people is not a bad thing. It's bad when you think you can kill them when they're 70m away in an empty and start running on green, but good when they're red in a full scout and you get to kill them just before they get pods.