BATTLEZONE COMMUNITY FORUMS

Battlezone I & II Download, Gaming & Development
It is currently April 28th, 2017, 4:06 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: October 11th, 2016, 1:33 am 

When I add it to the building it disables my ability to logon to the terminal in my factory? Also collisions are disabled? Without terrain__h I can logon to terminal and collisions work but the factory spawns with a larger then 64x64 when I place it in the map editor. It's really an odd behavior. Also, collision__hc doesn't work when added to the factory model; as I can go through walls? Could use some feedback on the issue. Thx, Edgrr. :-?

PostPosted: October 12th, 2016, 8:55 am 

1:

root object: invisible "terrain__h" piece. then a visible plane, the base plate u see. usually called "terrain" but can be named anything.

so:

- terrain__h
-- terrain
-- some piece of ur building
-- whatever
-- whatever
-- terminal probably?
-- hps

and before u post a reply with it working but not fitting, make sure it's size is exactly multiples of 32. (so, extents of a 1x1 terrain square are: 16, 16, and -16, -16, assuming the origin is in the center.

also, congrats. I think that's the first textured model I've seen u make that doesn't have a texture that looks like you just covered it with a brick texture. Good job, it looks nice. :)

PostPosted: October 12th, 2016, 12:17 pm 

Thx, the textures were from the original BZII texture files converted from PIC to TGA. The base is 64x64 and the plane object is named tarmac. The original factory model doesn't have terrain in the parts list for the ISDF factory building. It does have a collision__hc object, but adding that has no effect and I can still travel through walls and not be able to logon to the terminal itself. Oddly, removing the terrain__h object as the root object fixes everything but the extra green area appearing around the factory itself when placing it in the map editor?

PS: I've given up on trying to get a terrain__h to work right on my model. Except for the terrain lining up right everything works fine on the air factory. I'm guessing the problem is associated with the X exporter in Truespace. 8-}