BATTLEZONE COMMUNITY FORUMS

Battlezone I & II Download, Gaming & Development
It is currently December 16th, 2017, 3:13 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: yo
PostPosted: December 8th, 2015, 11:36 pm 

Is there a time that yall come on for strats? Or is bz finally dead? Is there a download link for a clean install of bz2?

Post subject: Re: yo
PostPosted: December 9th, 2015, 2:14 am 

Dead as a door knob kunt

PostPosted: December 9th, 2015, 12:11 pm 
Admin

Hey AC/DC .. new patch was released yesterday, fixing most bugs reported in the last October update.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4527

Strats have been slow lately, but will be back once we go Beta. Any strats to be found will be on kebbznet and meeting on TS. I see them up at random times, on occasion.

PostPosted: December 12th, 2015, 8:23 am 

Thanks Juggz, it was because I saw your pm in my emails about the new patch that I decided to install again, so great job with keeping the community alive. What do you mean by 'going beta'?

Last edited by Ac/dc on December 12th, 2015, 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: December 12th, 2015, 8:36 am 
Admin

Quote:
Thanks Juggz, it was because I saw your pm in my emails about the new patch that I decided to install again, so great job with keeping the community alive. What do you mean by 'going beta'?

'Alpha' releases are usually bug ridden and under active testing (bug finding), which are reported back to GSH for fixing. 'Beta' releases are usually less bug prone and more stable, as they have already gone through 'Alpha' testing and fixing. Public alphas are released to get players like you to help test and report problems found, as we are short on testers and need more eyes on the prize.

I believe once most all bugs are squashed and BZ2 strat is more stable, we will see more games up as we once had. The more testers we have who are active and constructively report bugs, the sooner GSH can fix = the sooner we have fun strats again.

Clear as mud? ;)

PostPosted: December 13th, 2015, 1:25 am 

Ac/dc wrote:
Is there a time that yall come on for strats? Or is bz finally dead? Is there a download link for a clean install of bz2?

bz2 is still alive believe it or not!!! Tub-But is reviving bz2 with some MPIs here and there.

"And he said, Whereunto shall we liken the kingdom of God? Or with what comparison shall we compare it? It is like a grain of mustard seed, which when it is sown in the earth, less than all the seeds that be in the earth. But when it is sown, it growth up, and becometh greater than all herbs, and shooteth out great branches; so that the fowls of the air may lodge under the shadow of it" (Mk. 4:30-32)

PostPosted: December 13th, 2015, 8:08 pm 

Hey Sent that's good to hear. what teamspeak server does everyone use?

PostPosted: December 14th, 2015, 11:20 am 

ts3.kebbz.com

"And he said, Whereunto shall we liken the kingdom of God? Or with what comparison shall we compare it? It is like a grain of mustard seed, which when it is sown in the earth, less than all the seeds that be in the earth. But when it is sown, it growth up, and becometh greater than all herbs, and shooteth out great branches; so that the fowls of the air may lodge under the shadow of it" (Mk. 4:30-32)

PostPosted: December 18th, 2015, 2:13 am 

Do you see many returning players? I haven't played in ten or so years but recently was linked back and decided to check it out again. It's actually kind of neat to see people still playing it.

PostPosted: December 18th, 2015, 11:48 am 
Admin

Quote:
Do you see many returning players? I haven't played in ten or so years but recently was linked back and decided to check it out again. It's actually kind of neat to see people still playing it.

Welcome back, what old nics did you use back in the day?

We see some coming back. A lot has changed in 10 years, many new mods etc.
More people will come back once the alpha phase is done. BZ2 is currently in alpha testing/development and being improved alot. Still some critical bugs need to be squashed. We lost many players over the past few years due to Gamespy being bought out, resulting in loss of multiplayer support to BZ2 and many other titles (thanks Glu-Mobile). But BZ2 uses a new multiplayer mechanism now, and look forward to many coming back once a beta release is available. BZ2 v1.3.7a130g is the latest version of BZ2, it's not perfect but highly playable.

Be sure to visit the following link for the latest BZ2 updates: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4527

PostPosted: December 18th, 2015, 7:33 pm 

just an FYI: played MPI: Circle for four - *4* - hours a few days ago using 1.3.7.0 a130g.

no resyncs aside from the join/leave resyncs, which were transparent; really stable.

makes me think how smooth an 8-player FFA or Start would be.

i play BF3/BF3 and it's fun in the sense that it's big and varied and looks good and lots of people on teamspeak cracking jokes, etc., but i consider it just a subset of BZ2.

I really doubt the players there could handle BZ2 with it's resource gathering, control, and management as well as its base building, layout, and tech, not to mention the rock/paper/shotgun of weapons/shields/specials countering.

Not many people play this game for a reason.

PostPosted: December 18th, 2015, 8:30 pm 

Juggernaut wrote:
Quote:

Welcome back, what old nics did you use back in the day?

The one I'm using, been using since BZ1 so around '98 or so. Was trying to find one that no one else used.

Last I played, 1.3 (or maybe 1.2) had just been released but had problems with vehicles getting stuck in buildings and non-LAN multiplayer didn't work.