BATTLEZONE COMMUNITY FORUMS

Battlezone I & II Download, Gaming & Development
It is currently July 20th, 2017, 6:31 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: January 20th, 2014, 11:40 am 
Admin

We haven't seen JudgeMental online in quite sometime. JM and I were supposed to meet in Maine to go motorcycling last summer during his planned cross country vacation with his wife in his RV while hauling his bike. We never ended up meeting because I never heard from him when summer arrived.

Well, Max has been hounding me to get a hold of him lately and I found the phone number I used to help him host in the past. I am deeply saddened to get off the phone with his sweet wife (of 37yrs) who mentioned he passed away in May 2013, from a massive aneurysm ("due to a defective artery he had in his brain which he had since birth). JudgeMental (Charly McDaniel) died in her arms and is buried behind their house in the hills of Texas.

JudgeMental was a longtime player and true friend of the BZ2 community, who was known for being a true gentleman and locking the door on his flooring factory manager's office while hosting BZ2 so that workers would not walk in during his gameplay. :)

You will be dearly missed, my friend. :cry:
Here's a pic of JudgeMental (smiling, 3rd person from right) "arms around Tony Iomni and Geezer Butler of Black Sabbath -- Ronnie James Dio is partially cut off from this photo). JM's wife is the girl and his brother (also died young) smiling in back to her left (and Axe peaking just above the guys head 2nd from left lol).

PostPosted: January 20th, 2014, 12:09 pm 

Rest easy friend.

PostPosted: January 20th, 2014, 12:33 pm 

I knew Judge Mental for like 3 years and i can say that he was one really good person,he was also my clanmate and my friend,we had so many games played together and we had a nice time together.We talked about many thing from real life and then at may he stopped playing without telling me anything,so i was worried because i knew he had some problems and i asked Bitchzone to call him and we found out this very sad news :(

I will really miss you my friend :( R.I.P Judge Mental (Charlie)

PostPosted: January 20th, 2014, 12:43 pm 
Admin

Aye. JM was a fine gentleman and great person to play BZ2 games with. Rest in peace, man.

Gotta be handy with the chains if you know what I mean.
Earn your keep.

PostPosted: January 20th, 2014, 4:28 pm 

Shocked and saddened by this news. :(

Rest in piece buddy, was a pleasure playing games with you all these years

PostPosted: January 20th, 2014, 5:26 pm 
Admin

Axeminister (also the name of their band), posted the work he and JM (Charly McDaniel -bass) did together in the 90's:
https://soundcloud.com/arthur-anderson- ... xeminister

Axe posted about JMs death in the bzforums but was during one of my off times with BZ2. I always wondered why I didnt hear from my buddy this past Summer. I was looking forward to some biking adventures touring Maine for him while he parked his RV at my place. I guess we'll have to take that ride together after I pass on, but you'll have to give me the tour, with heavenly winds blowing in our faces going down long twisty back country roads. Peace brother.

PostPosted: January 20th, 2014, 5:30 pm 

RIP Judge, fly that scout in the sky for us buddy!

PostPosted: January 20th, 2014, 6:24 pm 
Admin

Just added Judge's pic in the OP of this thread.

PostPosted: January 20th, 2014, 6:49 pm 

Rest In Peace Friend :( I Have So Many Great Memories Of Playing BZ2 With You; We Had So Many GG's And You Were The Only One Who Never Got Worn Out Of Playing ZST Haven Except For Me :(

I'll Miss You!

PostPosted: January 20th, 2014, 7:25 pm 

His positive attitude and his enthusiasm for living life to the fullest would have rubbed off on all of us, thinking back it has certainly rubbed off on me.

He was a brilliant man and would of been proud of how many lives he's influenced positively.

What i'd give for one more game with you, friend :'(.

PostPosted: January 20th, 2014, 11:05 pm 

A ten blast salute to Judge Mental. :cry:

PostPosted: January 21st, 2014, 11:41 am 

Sad new for sure, the last game i played with JM was one of them crazy, funny and full of his style of wit and after his "smoke break" it got even crazier.I took the summer of to build a house and now im getting ready to jump back in to bz2, sumhow it wont be the same without the "Judge". Happy trails boss