Here is the new format for the 2013 tourney:
- 12 players
- Group Stage followed by playoffs
- Same Rules apply as before (from the 1st tourney) with a few additionsGROUP STAGE / PLAYOFF FORMATMATCHESGROUP A : (best of 1)Max
v Draco (N/A)Max
v Mortarion (http://i.imgur.com/OV0OkqW.png
v KnowThySelf (N/A)
Draco v Mortation
v KnowThySelf (N/A)Mortarion
v KnowThySelf (N/A)GROUP B: (best of 1)Snake
v dd (http://i.imgur.com/REMTKe8.png
v Muffin (http://i.imgur.com/mOD0AQ5.png
v datguy (http://i.imgur.com/z9NGsxh.png
v Muffin (N/A)dd
v datguy (N/A)
Muffin v datguy
)GROUP C: (best of 1)Cloaket
v Tom (N/A)Cloaket
v Ac/dc (N/A)Cloaket
v M.S (N/A)Tom
v Ac/dc (N/A)
Tom v M.S
Ac/dc v M.S
(N/A)GROUP D: (best of 1)dd
vs M.S (N/A)dd
vs Mortarion (N/A)
Mortarion vs M.S
(N/A)SEMI-FINALS: (best of 3)Max
Game 1: Max
Game 2: MaxSnake
Game 1: Snake (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gpa9082e9b8
Game 2: Snake (http://i.imgur.com/Lno7yC6.png
)FINALS: (best of 5)Snake
Game 1: Snake (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLGK4fGA ... e=youtu.be
Game 2: Snake (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IddvUn9n ... e=youtu.be
Game 3: Snake (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wpf4MdKr ... e=youtu.be
Game 4: -------
Game 5: -------
The plays do not have to play the matches in this order, i am just listing all the matches that will occur in each group. A player could get all 3 of their matches done in a day if they wanted to. The players in each group will play each other once (Best of 1) and the top 2 in each group will move forward whilst the bottom 2 will be eliminated. The first place player in each group automatically advances to the playoff's while the 2nd place players advance to group D. The time-frame for the GROUP stage part will be 3 weeks. 1 week per match. If players need an extension then we will give a 1 week extension.
Group D will consist of all the 2nd place players from each group and they will also play each other once (Best of 1) and the player with the most wins will advance to the playoffs. Now there is a possibility of a 3-way tie for Group D and if that occurs then they will simply play each other again until we have a clear winner.
The Playoffs will be a Best of 3 and the winners advance to the Finals which will be a Best of 5. Then we may also have a 'third/fourth' place match as well. The time-frame for the Playoff matches will be 1 week for each game.
We have learned a bit from the previous tournament. The two changes i would want to implement would be: 1) Smart Scts Allowed buy only limit 1 per player and 2) No REFs (this will eliminated the need for a 3rd person). The players themselves can take a screenshot of the result or if there is a dispute take a screenshot for evidence.Rulez:
1) All races can be played (ISDF, Scion, Hadean, IC)MAP SELECTION
2) 1 smart sct allowed per player.
3) No pilot-killing/preventing enemy from getting into ship unless,
a) killing pilot to get rid of sniper4) No mini-rushing unless using rats. [i]Minigun rushing is considered killing a recycler with minigun rounds, and does not count incidental damage from stray minigun rounds.
b) killing pilot outside of base area
c) AI fire ie: mtr bikes, archers, PL-ass tanks
5) 1 week per match is the time-frame, however if someone needs extra time then an extra week can be given.
6) No placing units/buildings outside off map where they are not hittable (i.e: archers, scion buildings)
7) If a player lags out during a game then that player is given 30 sec to return. If the player does return withing time then the game is resumed. If the player does not return then they are disqualified and lose the game. If they do return after a couple of minutes and have a legit excuses such as power outage, thunderstorm, connection dropped then there will be a rematch. If they lag-out 3 times overall then they will be automatically disqualified for the game. If there is suspicion of the player lagging out on purpose in order to get a rematch then they will be disqualified for the game.
8 ) Competitors may only use their race's default starting ship.
9) All competitors must start the game as their race's default starting unit.
10) Below is a list of maps that are to be selected from and played for the tournament. One player will choose a map and the other player will also choose a map. The third game is chosen between both players. If both players cannot agree on the same map for the third game then the third match will be played on quarry by default. Maps dont have to be played in any order i.e: the third map can be played in the first game or the second game. In a Best of 1 scenario, both players must agree to a map and compromise if needed.
11) Players should take a screenshot of the result and post it on the forums for confirmation.
12) NO Refs.
13) Players must start as their respective race and must start off as the default scout (not a titan or walker) *i know this is obvious BUT we must state the f**k obvious*
14) No going inside of buildings.
15) If a player is avoiding a match-up for reasons of stalling the match then they will be forced to forfeit the game. On their 3rd time of refusing to play they will be forfeited. An exception is if a player has a legit reason for not being able to play.
16) No rec-hovering. (If a player is flying over the rec and hitting it on his way in *making an arch* then that is NOT considered rec hovering. Only if the player stays in the air or tries to stay in the air for a prolonged time.)
17) ALL games must be played on VSR 4.3 and not stock.
18 ) Since the Group stage is a Best of 1, the 2 players must on agree on who should host the game. If the 2 players cannot host, then they can get a third person to host (neutral host).
19) Post Results in this Thread here and the bracket will be updated.
- Ancient Hills
- Red Slope
- Strategy Arena
- Hi-Lo (original)
- Jade Green
- Mid Wars